AUNation family member needs your help!

MDM4AU

If this needs to be moved, that’s fine...

Fellow AUNation family members, your help is needed.

On Saturday, November 6, 2004, I will be walking in the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation's Walk to Cure Diabetes at Inverness Office Park, in Birmingham. With your support, we hope that children with diabetes will soon be able to enjoy happy, active, normal lives.

JDRF was founded in 1970 by the parents of children with juvenile diabetes. Children with Type I diabetes are insulin-dependant for life. Children with Type I diabetes and their families are in a constant struggle to manage blood-sugar levels with six or more daily finger pricks to test blood, at least two shots of insulin a day, and careful monitoring of exercise and food intake. This is not a cure - it only allows a child to stay alive!

In addition to drastic reduction in quality of life and average life span shortened 15 years, diabetes carries the life-long threat of other devastating complications such as kidney failure, blindness, amputation, heart attack, and stroke. Thanks to the continuous generosity of friends like YOU, a cure is closer than ever.

As a participant I have set a personal goal to raise $2000.00 by November 1, and I am asking you today to help me reach that goal. I am doing this for everyone with juvenile diabetes, including my partner here at work (AU c/o '92) that has dealt with this disease for over 25 years now. Please click HERE and donate whatever you can to help us find a cure. Your donation will be tax deductible. You can also track my progress there on that page.

With 1085 members here at AUNation.net, if everyone donated at least $1.00 - I would be more than halfway to my goal.

Thanks in advance for all your help.

For more information, visit http://www.jdrf.org, or call 800-533-CURE.

Done.... :cheer:

I have Type II diabetes myself.....it's so sad to see all these kids with Type I and the struggle they will have the rest of their lives. It's a vicious disease and hope a cure is found.

MDm, How do you want us to donate? I can collect on PayPal and then Western Union to you if you want.

MDm, How do you want us to donate? I can collect on PayPal and then Western Union to you if you want.

108434[/snapback]

When you click on the link above, look for the "donate now" button. There you can pay by credit/debit card. If someone would like to pay by check, they can PM me and I will give them my address so they can mail it. If you would like to do a collection from the board and give it as one big AUNation Donation , that would be pretty cool too. However you would like to do it.

Thanks, David and all of you who have donated so far!

David, please let me know if you are going to collect via paypal and send as one donation from the site. I'd love to help out!

Are you registered as a walker on the website? I saw where you could find a walker and donate to that person on the website.

Thanks again to those who have already donated! I am up to $140.00 in less than two full days of fundraising. That is just from AUnation.net members! That's awsome!

I have $50 (non-AUnation) in checks that have not been posted yet and I would like to get to at least $250 by the end of the day Friday. That's just $60 over the next two days. Please donate what you can. It is greatly appreciated.

Again, if all 1085 of the AUnation members donated just a dollar, that would put me more than half way to my goal. Just $2.00 each and I would surpass my goal of $2000 by November 1! How great would that be? :)

Thanks again for all of your generosity!

I don't plan to do this everyday but, I can't tell you how much I appreciate all your donations. As it looks, I may have nearly $500 by the end of the weekend! That will put me at 1/4 of my goal in just 6 days with three weeks to go! I am sitting at $220 now (3 days) with a few verbals from family friends and a couple of checks on the way.

I am so touched by your generosity!

God bless you all!

DONATE AND TRACK MY PROGRESS HERE

If this needs to be moved, that’s fine...

Fellow AUNation family members, your help is needed.

On Saturday, November 6, 2004, I will be walking in the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation's Walk to Cure Diabetes at Inverness Office Park, in Birmingham.  With your support, we hope that children with diabetes will soon be able to enjoy happy, active, normal lives.

JDRF was founded in 1970 by the parents of children with juvenile diabetes. Children with Type I diabetes are insulin-dependant for life.  Children with Type I diabetes and their families are in a constant struggle to manage blood-sugar levels with six or more daily finger pricks to test blood, at least two shots of insulin a day, and careful monitoring of exercise and food intake.  This is not a cure - it only allows a child to stay alive!

In addition to drastic reduction in quality of life and average life span shortened 15 years, diabetes carries the life-long threat of other devastating complications such as kidney failure, blindness, amputation, heart attack, and stroke.  Thanks to the continuous generosity of friends like YOU, a cure is closer than ever.

As a participant I have set a personal goal to raise $2000.00 by November 1, and I am asking you today to help me reach that goal.  I am doing this for everyone with juvenile diabetes, including my partner here at work (AU c/o '92) that has dealt with this disease for over 25 years now. Please click HERE and donate whatever you can to help us find a cure.  Your donation will be tax deductible. You can also track my progress there on that page. 

With 1085 members here at AUNation.net,  if everyone donated at least $1.00 - I would be more than halfway to my goal.

Thanks in advance for all your help.

For more information, visit http://www.jdrf.org, or call 800-533-CURE.

108288[/snapback]

Well folks, I didn't do quite as well as I had hoped. I fell $30 short of my goal of $250 by Friday evening. :( I did get $100 in checks from family and friends over the weekend to put me at $320 for my first week. Not too shabby, but still a bit lower than I had hoped.

Thanks to those who have donated and/or contacted me with your support. This is very important to me.

If you would like to donate, please click on this link. I know I sound like a broken record but if everyone here just gave $1.00, I would be half way to my goal just from the AUnation Family!

I realize that many on here may not be in a position to donate. That's understandable. But if you don't mind, tell a co-worker or friend and ask them to donate. This is a very worthy cause.

Thanks again to all of you for your support!

• 2 weeks later...

OK, after this I will leave all of you alone.

I am sitting at $345 raised so far. TU21 got a football signed by RB, CW, and CTT that will be placed in a silent auction next week. Several of you have donated money since I started this and I truly appreciate it. Of the $345 raised, I believe approximately $275 came from members of AUnation!!

Now, I really need your help! I really need to get to at least $500 by Sunday. That is just $155 over the next couple of days. Do you think you can help a fellow Auburn fan out? :(

Please Click Here to donate to the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation. This really is a worthy cause.

Thanks again!

http://www.jdrf.org/

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update:

I raised $467.40 today with the help of 6 of my wife's cheerleaders. :cheer: That puts my total raised so far at $822.40. I have some other things working too right now that may put me at about $1300 on Monday morning! It's short of my goal of $2000 by 11/1, but still better than it looked as though I would do.

If you haven't donated and would like to, please CLICK HERE. Every bit helps! Maybe I can still make my goal.

Again, thanks to those who have already given. It is greatly appreciated! :)

The JDRF "Walk to Find a Cure" was held today and we had a tremendous turn out. I think it is safe to say this years walk was a success. I don't have a total raised # just yet but I will be sure to update you all when I get it.

Individually, I fell short of my goal of $2000, but I finished strong to raise a total of $1284.00 raising $500 in the final 2 days. My page on the JDRF website should be updated soon.

Thanks again for all the support I received from the AUnation family. Your donations will go a long way in the fight to rid our society of this horrible disease.

Archived