signature picture help?

WaReAgLe57

will some one plz let me know how to put on a picture for my signature? IN PLAIN ENGLISH, I AM NOT A COMPUTER PROGRAMMER!@

thanks, alex

WDE

I would love to know the answer to this question as well.

I've got a GREAT picture that I took this spring while sitting in one of the new sections while it was under construction. The picture is about 2 MB because the resolution is really high. If someone will post it for me (or tell me how to use it as my signature or avatar), you'll be seeing it soon!

Not great on how to do the sig, but do not use a high resolution 2mb file. It will take several seconds to display on a high speed broadband connection, but for some of our poor buddies who are still on dialup, it could take forever. Use some type of compression software (Photoshop, Fireworks, etc) to lower the quality (resolution) and image size before posting.

i'll try,

i learned this from some good AU soul from the ITAT site. recon i'll try to pass along the same. b-t-w if you dig far enough into the main insiders.com site you'll find the actual instructions for their forums... happy hunting!

1) pics have to be hosted by a website. i used photobucket.com. (there are many web sites like this, choose any you like.) you can sign up for free on some of them. after signing up, go to the add pic box and click on 'browse.' select the pic to be web hosted. when pic is on file with host site, ''copy'' the entire (IMG) line with the new web address for the pic. don't leave anything out.

2) after signing on to aunation.net find and click on the MY CONTROLS line.

down on the left hand column is a line for edit signature under the personal profiles header. click on it. down in the middle is a empty box over the 'update my signature' tab. "paste" the (IMG) line from your pic web hosting site into the empty box and click on update my signature. if it all goes well, you'll see your signature in the top on same page.

3) avatar procedures are similar to signatures, just have to careful of the size of the pic. forget the exact spec., but avartars need to be pretty small. somewhere around 50 to 75 pixels or so.

4) once the sign. & avatar pics are in they should come up every time you post.

5) you can change pics as often as you like by following same directions.

6) hope this helps & good luck!

Just to add to the things that '82 Tiger said...

I've never used photobucket before but I have used imageshack.org and you can host a graphic up to 1mb in size. Also after you upload it, it gives you the entire sytnax so all you have to do is copy and paste into the control settings.

For signatures and pictures you want to post to a thread, syntax is like this:

[img=http://someurl.com/picture.jpg]

Archived