Countdown to National Signing Day: A little more than 7 days

AUSportTalk

This is a 2013 question so it may not be appropriate to ask in this thread..

But with the hire of CBVG, has there been renewed/heightened interest in AU by Reuben Foster and Robert ICantSpellThat?

Also, is it true that CBVG has other LBs higher on his board than Kwon Alexander?

Thanks ST, War Eagle. Been keeping y'all in my prayers.

It's ok. I'll answer this 2013 question. Foster really likes Auburn but he has others in his family pushing towards Bama. He is also very good friends with Quan Bray and Ricky Parks. Auburn has a great shot at flipping him but it's going to take relentless work. Robert N. has renewed interests in Auburn but Alabama is the clear front-runner for him right now.

VanGorder has a lists of LBs that he likes but he would take Kwon in a minute. You may see another name pop up closer to signing day but who is unknown right now. I believe Auburn takes Kwon and calls it a day.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So do u think we get a surprise recruit?  And if so who? :we:

Wouldn't be much of a surprise if he told you, now would it? :tease:

^^THIS^^  :party:

Just wanted to say thanks and let you know we've been praying. The rest of this stuff (recruiting), is just, stuff.

Thanks a lot. I really appreciate it. It's much needed at this point. My mom really appreciates it as well.

This is what is so crazy to me. This late in the game it seems like we should have a reasonable idea of our class. None on the list are in that 80+ % range. What happens if we miss on these you have listed @ 50% and below?

Let's say we do get Alexander, one of Patterson / Diggs, Young,L Williams and Watson. That leaves a lot of spots open. Will we be hearing more names come out in the event we miss on the other big fish?

Well the coaches know about who they are and aren't getting. The recruits are leading on to where they will end up. You can tell Auburn is in the final for a lot of big-time recruits b/c that's what happens. You get towards the end and there is a long lists that they are in the top 3 or 4. Just part of big-time recruiting. That's all I can tell ya.

The coaches have several other guys that are on their back-up lists if we miss on some they counted on getting. I could also see them saving a spot or two for an early enrollee for next year.

In regards to Kwon, many are saying that he is going to accept a greyshirt to Bama.  Heard anything about that, they seem awfully confident this is going to happen, although it just seems unrealistic to me.  

In regards to Kwon, many are saying that he is going to accept a greyshirt to Bama.  Heard anything about that, they seem awfully confident this is going to happen, although it just seems unrealistic to me.  

I would be shocked.

Come on Man. Don't forget mine please. j/k  Thanks for all you do.

You must have been responding as I was posting my first message.

:we::believe::we:

Considering how long the coordinator hires took, the fact we're majorly in the game with these top recruits AND we have time until NSD fares very well for us.

:wareagle: :wareagle:

Scott, have the new co-ordinators opened any new doors on any recruits we weren`t in on?

Not that I know of. You will def see their impact on the 2013 class though.

What uncommitted recruit that has Auburn in his final 2 or 3 would make the biggest impact next season if he chose Auburn?

Let me get out my crystal ball...

Dude, seriously, how exactly is ST supposed to know who will make the biggest impact? He has a lot of inside knowledge, but unless he has a direct line to some kind of higher power, then it's a bit hard to tell the future.

What uncommitted recruit that has Auburn in his final 2 or 3 would make the biggest impact next season if he chose Auburn?

I will go with WR Patterson on offense and DT Eddie Goldman on defense

Dude, seriously, how exactly is ST supposed to know who will make the biggest impact? He has a lot of inside knowledge, but unless he has a direct line to some kind of higher power, then it's a bit hard to tell the future.

You must be underestimating my power!  :party: :party: :party:

He gave me his prediction. That's all I was asking for. I don't see why it's that difficult to answer.

Is there a position of need that you think we may not fill? Who would you guess that might flip to Auburn? What recruit do we have a chance with that would absolutely shock you if we signed them?  Thanks for all you do ST.

:laugh: :laugh: So, why haven't you won the lottery yet? :tease:

Is there a position of need that you think we may not fill? Who would you guess that might flip to Auburn? What recruit do we have a chance with that would absolutely shock you if we signed them?  Thanks for all you do ST.

QB is a position of need IMO but there isn't a QB that just has that "WOW" factor out there. LB/DT is also a position of need but we are doing well in filling those spots.

Flip to Auburn: Ricardo Louis LOL.....you asked I told!  :thumbsup: If there was one other, maybe Bush but might be a lil hard to pull him from his hometown 'Canes.

I wouldn't be shocked but I would be very ecstatic if we signed Goldman b/c I believe he could be the next dominate DL at Auburn. He would be the biggest (size and rating) signee by far!

He gave me his prediction. That's all I was asking for. I don't see why it's that difficult to answer.

It's not so much that it's difficult to answer as it's an odd question to ask at this stage of recruiting. "Which one of the guys that may or may not actually sign with us will make the biggest impact for us in the fall?" I'd be more concerned with which recruits we're going to sign; your guess is probably as good as any of ours as to which one will make the biggest impact, because there is a great deal to factor into that one, such as who else we have at each position, injury both to current players and to potential players who have yet to sign, etc. Didn't mean it as so much a shot at you as being baffled by the reach of the question.

Gotta play to win! You didn't hear Dennis Green?  :thumbsup:

Obviously he's just waiting on "the big one".

Gotta play to win! You didn't hear Dennis Green?  :thumbsup:

Well in that case, could ya help a brother out? I could sure use some extra dough...:laugh:

I know we've been recruiting Cord Sandberg and Jeremy Johnson as QBs for the 2013 class, do you think Loeffler will make one a higher priority over the other or do you think he might possible have some other QB in mind besides those two.  (I guess I just don't know what style of quarterback he recruits.)

Sorry, if you're just taking 2012 questions you can just skip over this one.

I know we've been recruiting Cord Sandberg and Jeremy Johnson as QBs for the 2013 class, do you think Loeffler will make one a higher priority over the other or do you think he might possible have some other QB in mind besides those two.  (I guess I just don't know what style of quarterback he recruits.)

Sorry, if you're just taking 2012 questions you can just skip over this one.

I would think Sandberg.

Do you think it would be worth it to call in sick on February 1 to watch the Auburn fireworks?  J/K, thanks for answering all the questions. I think it's my favorite part of everything you do for this site. War Eagle and I'm hoping for the best for your mother.

Archived