One Week Later and I Still Don't Feel Well....

tigerman1186

I make it a point to wear an Auburn shirt if we lose a game. I don't want anyone to confuse me with fair-weather fans.

So do I - I make it a point to show my AU colors after a loss. Funny that after bama loss the iron bowl and the sugar bowl, I did not see any of their fans wearing their colors (until after we lost to fsu). But I also wear my colors whenever I can.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm glad to see that the loss bothers coach as well....I'm sure many will tell him to get over it don't think about it and just move on though

I'm glad to see that the loss bothers coach as well....I'm sure many will tell him to get over it don't think about it and just move on though

He gets paid almost $5 million a year to worry about it.

If they give me a small fraction of that I'll set aside worry time each day.

Outside of my job (which is not in coaching) 4 F's rule my life in varying degrees. 1 - FAITH, 2 - FAMILY, 3 - Friends, 4 - football. Football is the last of my major priorities. I'm over 60 and have found that worrying and getting upset over the outcome of a game that is determined by the performance of 18 - 22 year olds is not worth it. The sun comes up every Sunday morning regardless of the outcome of my game. There is no doubt that I would have been ecstatic if AU had won the ncg. It would have been "one" of the highlights of my year, but not the only one. Does it still "bother" me? YES, some, when I think about what could have been. Does it "worry" me? Not one bit. Should it "bother" and "worry" CGM? Hell yes. IT IS HIS JOB. AU football (and everything AU) is a big part of my life but I don't let it "control" me the way uat football controls the lives of so many of their fan(atic)s. Enjoy it for what it is - fun, spirit, family, togetherness, good-spirited ribbing, etc. Life goes on.

Outside of my job (which is not in coaching) 4 F's rule my life in varying degrees. 1 - FAITH, 2 - FAMILY, 3 - Friends, 4 - football. Football is the last of my major priorities. I'm over 60 and have found that worrying and getting upset over the outcome of a game that is determined by the performance of 18 - 22 year olds is not worth it. The sun comes up every Sunday morning regardless of the outcome of my game. There is no doubt that I would have been ecstatic if AU had won the ncg. It would have been "one" of the highlights of my year, but not the only one. Does it still "bother" me? YES, some, when I think about what could have been. Does it "worry" me? Not one bit. Should it "bother" and "worry" CGM? Hell yes. IT IS HIS JOB. AU football (and everything AU) is a big part of my life but I don't let it "control" me the way uat football controls the lives of so many of their fan(atic)s. Enjoy it for what it is - fun, spirit, family, togetherness, good-spirited ribbing, etc. Life goes on.

Well said. :au:

With age comes wisdom, my fellow 76. I share your philosophy.

Unlikely that we will ever get over the BCS loss, I would not expect so much out of the true Auburn fans. We celebrate the wins and mourn the losses forever. Our heart and passion is part of the Auburn lore. War Eagle.

No, we don't all "mourn" losses forever. As some of us mature we learn how to get over it quickly. Life is far too short.

Cheer up, life is that bad.

Doods! There were 183 teams that finished the season below us, including all of our rivals. One team finished above us. This season was magical. Last time we won a MNC, we went into a spiral. I'm happy with this season. And I believe CGM when he says he's going back.

I couldn't watch the replays. I went on sports blackout for about 2 weeks. Still hurts that we lost, but in the end the team that wins wins and we lost. They played well enough to come back and win. They tackled well and slowed our roll and did enough to win.

Still hurt pretty bad as I was 100% sure we would win and the team proved me right for most of the game.

Doods! There were 183 teams that finished the season below us, including all of our rivals. One team finished above us. This season was magical. Last time we won a MNC, we went into a spiral. I'm happy with this season. And I believe CGM when he says he's going back.

I don't see the point of the spiral part of this post

Okay.

i didnt know there was 185 D1 teams.

I started this several weeks ago, it is time to pull it and move on....NSD is Wednesday...spring practice will begin next month and then A-Day...and then Arkansas game will be here in August....a great season...now lets all MOVE ON!!!!! WDE

At least we didn't get blown out in our bowl like Oklahoma did to uat. Also, we ended up SEC Champs with a record of 12-2 overall and 8-1 in the SEC. Finally, Kick 6.

• 2 weeks later...

In hindsight, what would the board have thought if Tre Mason had fallen down or taken a knee intentionally around the 5 or 10 yard line on the last big touchdown run?? Would you rather have the touchdown and points? Or would you rather him down it and have the opportunity to take some time off the clock and the chance to score?

I'm wishing that tackle was made. At that time fsu nose tackle was spent and he's the reason our run game has any trouble. Plus I'd bet my bank Gus had a couple of plays saved up that would guarantee a td

In hindsight, what would the board have thought if Tre Mason had fallen down or taken a knee intentionally around the 5 or 10 yard line on the last big touchdown run?? Would you rather have the touchdown and points? Or would you rather him down it and have the opportunity to take some time off the clock and the chance to score?

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. Sounds good in hindsight, but can you imagine the backlash if he has Tre down it at the 1, and we DON'T get in? We lose the game because of that. Seems to me it's a no-brainer: You have the chance to get points, you get points. Especially with the way our defense was playing that night. It definitely hurt to lose, not going to play like my heart wasn't broken, but I'd say I'm past it. 2013 was a magical season before that game, and it still is after it as well.

Cant play it again. Quit looking back. Just like the players, put all your energy into looking forward. That is all any of us can influence. Anything else is just wasting time

Archived