Men vs. Xavier - game thread

WarTiger

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Games over. Xavier is too good and refs won't let us do anything to get in a rythym.

There was a clear technical foul for hanging on the rim not called. Gonna be lucky to cover by the time we wear out with Harris out. Lick our wounds and get better for the next one. On the bright side Spencer will be getting some much needed pt

Games over. Xavier is too good and refs won't let us do anything to get in a rythym.

There was a clear technical foul for hanging on the rim not called. Gonna be lucky to cover by the time we wear out with Harris out. Lick our wounds and get better for the next one. On the bright side Spencer will be getting some much needed pt

There was a man under him. They aren't going to call a T there. The refs aren't the problem here. The reason AU can't get in a rythmn is because they aren't running an offense, only have one scorer on the floor, and are clearly worn out.

Player under him...Not a technical

It's fun to watch a good team work. Lots of good chemistry on the floor up and down the roster for Xavier. They do some many things well and can beat you a lot of ways.

On the flip side, it's certainly eye opening to see the depth of poor play by AU basketball. Not even in the same zip code with teams like this yet. I hope folks give Bruce the time needed for AU to get better. It's going to take 2-3 years before AU can get the depth, talent, and experience they need to make the tournament. AU isn't a year away, I just hope folks see that in games like these.

Murdered on the score board and both point guards injured. Couldn't have gone much worse today. Gonna try and not over analyze how really bad we look today and really hope Xavier is legit championship caliber team....

They are and AU is that bad. Just the situation Bruce has to deal with at AU.

I wouldn't go so far as to say AU is "that bad" but Xavier IS that good ... And we had a bad game.

Teams as good as Xavier make teams like AU look worse than they are. AU is a .500 SEC team. That means good teams will exploit them and dominate. That's all that happened today. Tip your cap and move on.

Bad day for the team and all the injuries aren't helping.

I wouldn't go so far as to say AU is "that bad" but Xavier IS that good ... And we had a bad game.

Teams as good as Xavier make teams like AU look worse than they are. AU is a .500 SEC team. That means good teams will exploit them and dominate. That's all that happened today. Tip your cap and move on.

Seeing as how its December and conference play hasn't started yet, we don't know that. NOBODY knows that.

Seeing as how its December and conference play hasn't started yet, we don't know that. NOBODY knows that.

Not .500 in SEC play but .500 overall right now. I know they are 5-4 but they are close to .500 and I expect them to leave Hawaii .500 overall. I don't know how they will do in the SEC but seeing the records so far, AU is squarely in the middle of the SEC West. Clearly better than last year, but also with a long way to go. It's not a slight. I still like watching this team play against teams they can compete with since they are playing a better brand of basketball. They just can't compete with any of the NCAA tournament teams at this point.

Not .500 in SEC play but .500 overall right now. I know they are 5-4 but they are close to .500 and I expect them to leave Hawaii .500 overall. I don't know how they will do in the SEC but seeing the records so far, AU is squarely in the middle of the SEC West. Clearly better than last year, but also with a long way to go. It's not a slight. I still like watching this team play against teams they can compete with since they are playing a better brand of basketball. They just can't compete with any of the NCAA tournament teams at this point.

You're overstating by a mile-- AU can play with several tournament teams. At this point in the season, Xavier has been looking pretty elite.

Archived