Softball vs. Longwood - game 2

Wallace Rhodes and Gipson up for Auburn

Wallace pops it up to left.... Rhodes with an infield hit and notices nobody is covering 2nd and she takes off for 2nd. Runner at 2nd with 1 out for Gipson

Auburn sets down longwood and bats in the bottom of the 4th leading 5-1. McCrackin leads it off for Auburn. Draper and Howard follow

Howard drives one deep to center and the center fielder runs it down and makes a catch against the wall. Carosone hit by a pitch.

mcCrackin (i guess) tried to steal 2nd and is tagged out. Lost track. Draper singles to left and steals 2nd. 2 outs for Tiffany Howard

Either Longwood is salty or we are cruising through this series...lol

I think it's a little of both. If you would've told me we'd only have 7 hits through 2 games, I would've doubted we'd be 2-0 and going for the sweep.

Longwood played South Carolina, Miss State, and two games with LSU all in similar, low scoring fashion.

I think it's a little of both. If you would've told me we'd only have 7 hits through 2 games, I would've doubted we'd be 2-0 and going for the sweep.

Longwood played South Carolina, Miss State, and two games with LSU all in similar, low scoring fashion.

Agree....this looked like a cupcake series for those of us who don't follow the sport that closely, but Longwood is a tough competitor and giving some of our back-up players an opportunity to play against some solid pitching. A good series to keep everyone sharp.

And give credit to their pitchers for keeping our big bats under control.

I believe Longwood has made the post season tournament the last 2 years, but I would need to look it up to confirm that.

Archived