Chad Kelly Banned from Combine

oposssum

I haven't read everything here, but correct me if I am wrong, didn't Kelly also storm the field of a high school football game not too long ago?  I wouldn't say he has stayed on the straight and narrow since the bar brawl.  he has a history of bad decision making.  not really what you want in a qb.  mixon is garbage.  he shouldn't be allowed in the league..............period.

8 hours ago, trout54 said:

I haven't read everything here, but correct me if I am wrong, didn't Kelly also storm the field of a high school football game not too long ago?  I wouldn't say he has stayed on the straight and narrow since the bar brawl.  he has a history of bad decision making.  not really what you want in a qb.  mixon is garbage.  he shouldn't be allowed in the league..............period.

Yeah, the thing with his brother doesn't bother me. It was stupid, but that's just about it. His brother was getting the crap beaten out of him on the field, and CK got emotional. Stupid yes, but when family is involved, it's at least understandable. There's a lot of stupid that I would do to protect family. 

What we don't know is what we don't know. One of the ESPN articles alludes to another incident that hasn't been made public - and I have no clue what that might be, but if they are basing it solely upon a drunken arrest, in which no one was hurt three years ago, then I'm crying foul. 

My gut tells me that the NFL looked into it and found something else they didn't like, something that hasn't been made public. That's just my gut. I've taken up for Chad Kelly on this forum before, and been made to look like a fool because of it, so I won't venture there again. 

18 hours ago, FoundationEagle said:

Does this apply to all players with similar records and worse?  Yes?  Fine. No?  Favoritism, bias and selective reasoning.  I'm pretty sure the answer is no so that should clear that up.  

It's supposed to apply to all incoming players going forward. The question is, how far back are they digging. The only others I've seen published are guys who have very public records of MUCH worse than a bar fight.

Then, of course, there's the handful of players who probably did something similar to what Kelly did, but the school covered it up, because it's not a serious offense.

10 hours ago, trout54 said:

I haven't read everything here, but correct me if I am wrong, didn't Kelly also storm the field of a high school football game not too long ago?  I wouldn't say he has stayed on the straight and narrow since the bar brawl.  he has a history of bad decision making.  not really what you want in a qb. 

But shouldn't that be the choice of the team, not something mandated by the NFL? The kid committed no felonies... he's just an idiot. If a team wants to roll the dice on him and see if he will mature, he should be given every opportunity to prove that he can do it.

The NFL has its rules. What ever they are. The decision of each individual team I think is what it really boils down to AND more importantly HOW MUCH the media gets involved. When the Ray Rice video was played, it was debated to the n'th degree and has ultimately sealed his fate that he will never play in the Not For Long (NFL) ever again. Joe Mixon at OU got a little media attention when he punched the girl, but now the the video has been released, it is a whole different ball game. A picture or video or text or tweet speak more than thousand words. Social media and the press can make you a star and can ruin your career. BUT YOU can also ruin YOUR OWN career!! How many people know the name Tyrek Hill and are happy they had him on their fantasy football team. Now how many people know that in 2014 this same Tyrek Hill punched his then pregnant girlfriend in the stomach and then choked her. Good thing he only got kicked off the Ok St. football team, 3 years probation, technically a deferred sentance and luckily a healthy a baby boy, a great NFL job and very little publicity, right!! Where the hell was the press on that????? Well Kansas City did a great job suppressing it and they was no video. Oh and it happened while he was in college at the same time as Ray Rice!!! Chad Kelly has shown his true colors over a period of time. People don't change over night. If the press choose to dig and bring up issues to shed light on a person about past discresions and it shows a pattern of bad behavior then yeah the guy gets what he deserves. If the press is doing it just to be donkeys then I disagree, but that is just my opinion. 

Personally people with domestic violence or any type of violence issues should not be allowed to continue to perpetuate violence by playing a sport that pays then stupid $ to be violent. If they want to be in the NFL then the league should set up a wait and see pool. Teams can draft players with questionable past but they must sit out a year and do some type of community out reach programs on behalf of the NFL while waiting to pass a probationary period. My opinion. But D-bags that beat on women or kids or other people that are weaker than them because they can, are worthless in my book. I served in the Army for 11 years with tours in Iraq and Afghanistan and can tell u what happened to people then that enforced their will upon others, but this is a children's show. 

I'm with you, for the most part, @AlaskanFAN. I don't agree with lumping Kelly in with the likes of Mixon, Rice and Hill. I personally think the rule should be retroactive and Hill should be shown the door... and I live in Kansas City. Kelly, however, didn't go after someone weaker than him.  He got in a drunken argument, another guy his size pushed him, he took a swing, and a fight ensued. The only other published incident was him trying to defend his brother and being held back.  While I don't see either of these as positive things... repugnant at best, actually... it seems hypocritical of the NFL to pile on for something minor when they have guys like Hill making millions.

Oh, and for the record, I also disagree about the wait and see pool.  In my opinion, if you committed a violent crime that, without pleading down would be considered a felony, that's it... your shot at a NFL career is done. No second chances.  No wait and see.  DONE.

I COMPLETELY agree that " D-bags that beat on women or kids or other people that are weaker than them because they can, are worthless."

17 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

I'm with you, for the most part, @AlaskanFAN. I don't agree with lumping Kelly in with the likes of Mixon, Rice and Hill. I personally think the rule should be retroactive and Hill should be shown the door... and I live in Kansas City. Kelly, however, didn't go after someone weaker than him.  He got in a drunken argument, another guy his size pushed him, he took a swing, and a fight ensued. The only other published incident was him trying to defend his brother and being held back.  While I don't see either of these as positive things... repugnant at best, actually... it seems hypocritical of the NFL to pile on for something minor when they have guys like Hill making millions.

Oh, and for the record, I also disagree about the wait and see pool.  In my opinion, if you committed a violent crime that, without pleading down would be considered a felony, that's it... your shot at a NFL career is done. No second chances.  No wait and see.  DONE.

I COMPLETELY agree that " D-bags that beat on women or kids or other people that are weaker than them because they can, are worthless."

Yeah I got on a little tangent there, got my self a little riled up. I just find it hard to look at the guys who have these God given talents (yup said God) and can not for the life of me figure out what they are thinking when they do these things. It irritates me to no end that I worked my tail off to get where I am at and provide the best I can for my family and raise my children to be the best best god loving, polite, elder respecting, race respecting, religion tolerating, society understanding people they can be in this ever changing mess of world we live in and these pieces of pond scum get free passes, 2nd and even 3rd chances. Darnit nother tangent, sorry. Whooo, that felt good. 

Just now, AlaskanFAN said:

Yeah I got on a little tangent there, got my self a little riled up. I just find it hard to look at the guys who have these God given talents (yup said God) and can not for the life of me figure out what they are thinking when they do these things. It irritates me to no end that I worked my tail off to get where I am at and provide the best I can for my family and raise my children to be the best best god loving, polite, elder respecting, race respecting, religion tolerating, society understanding people they can be in this ever changing mess of world we live in and these pieces of pond scum get free passes, 2nd and even 3rd chances. Darnit nother tangent, sorry. Whooo, that felt good. 

I feel ya. The sad thing is, the personality type that makes the best football player is also the personality type that frequently makes the worst person. The key, in my opinion, is how they are treated once they show promise. If they are given the all access pass, then there's a solid chance they will not turn out well.  If, however, they are taught humility and to focus on team, they can channel their violence to be on the field only.

Struggling to care about the NFL.

If you can't bother to be respectful to our flag and our national anthem, i got better things to do.

On ‎2‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 9:05 AM, lionheartkc said:

But shouldn't that be the choice of the team, not something mandated by the NFL? The kid committed no felonies... he's just an idiot. If a team wants to roll the dice on him and see if he will mature, he should be given every opportunity to prove that he can do it.

this is true, but the NFL is trying to protect themselves from looking like morons with decisions like Johnny Football again.  I imagine the league feels like they know better than individual ownership.     Knowing that a team is going to take a chance on the kid, and many others after him, the league just doesn't want to do anything to facilitate it.  that's purely my opinion of the matter.  no facts to back it up.

Archived