Television Coverage

I noticed on the Ultimate College Softball site that our game Friday will be shown on ESPNU, while the first game is on ESPN2.  Mark Neely will handle the play-by-play, with Jenny Dalton-Hill doing the commentary. 

50 minutes ago, OlderWhiskey said:

I noticed on the Ultimate College Softball site that our game Friday will be shown on ESPNU, while the first game is on ESPN2.  Mark Neely will handle the play-by-play, with Jenny Dalton-Hill doing the commentary. 

Saturday & Sunday TV will be done but stations are TBA.

The NCAA announced sunday before the selection show that all games in the softball tournament will be televised

3 minutes ago, WarTiger said:

The NCAA announced sunday before the selection show that all games in the softball tournament will be televised

And was announced during every AU game in the SEC Tourney as well.

23 minutes ago, ellitor said:

And was announced during every AU game in the SEC Tourney as well.

Good to hear but guess we have to figure out where for each game though  WT usually gives us a heads up on TV coverage. 

TV for all the softball tournament games from game #1 is a big boost for the sport. Just hoping we are in it a while.

The NCAA site has all the games for scores and it shows which game on which network.  But all that is shown right now is through the Friday games.  I imagine they will determine if there is a great match-up to put on what channel for the Saturday games.

http://www.ncaa.com/sports/softball/d1

And yes, from the AU Regional, first game (ND-Cal; 2pm est) is on ESPN2 and AU-ETSU (430pm est) is on ESPNU (as stated above).

The Norman Regional (our super-regional match-up) has Arkansas-Tulsa at 1230 est  (1-1/2 hr before our first regional game) and NDSU-OU at 230pm est on ESPN3

Sorry, the main point of my post was the identities of the announcers.  Like everyone else, I already knew that all the games were being televised.  I've read a lot of complaints about Beth Mowins and Michele Smith, so thought I would point out that they wouldn't be working this regional.  If anyone gives a rip about who is calling each regional, they can find it on a post at the Ultimate College Softball Forum, http://robocoach.websitetoolbox.com/?forum=10114   It's called ESPN Media Coverage, or something like that.

1 hour ago, OlderWhiskey said:

Sorry, the main point of my post was the identities of the announcers.  Like everyone else, I already knew that all the games were being televised.  I've read a lot of complaints about Beth Mowins and Michele Smith, so thought I would point out that they wouldn't be working this regional.  If anyone gives a rip about who is calling each regional, they can find it on a post at the Ultimate College Softball Forum, http://robocoach.websitetoolbox.com/?forum=10114   It's called ESPN Media Coverage, or something like that.

Can't stand Beth. Michelle, and Amanda for that matter, don't bother me. And thank for the info Whiskey.

Also looks like Tiffany Greene is not at any regional which is good for all of softball. She's the worst announcer in the sport.

Here's the full schedule for our Auburn regional.  TV network of course to be announced after 1st round

Auburn Regional Schedule (All Times CDT)

Friday, May 19

Notre Dame (32-21) vs. California (30-22) - 1 p.m. (TV ESPN2)

No. 7 seed Auburn* (46-10) vs. ETSU (29-24)- 3:30 p.m. (TV ESPNU)

Saturday, May 20

Game 3: Winner Game 1 vs. Winner Game 2 – 1:30 p.m. (TV TBA)
Game 4: Loser Game 1 vs. Loser Game 2 – 4 p.m. (TV TBA)
Game 5: Loser Game 3 vs. Winner Game 4 – 6:30 p.m. (TV TBA)

Sunday, May 21
Game 6: Winner Game 3 vs. Winner Game 5 – 1:30 p.m. (TV TBA)
Game 7: (if necessary) – 4 p.m. (TV TBA) 

1 hour ago, WarTiger said:

Sunday, May 21
Game 6: Winner Game 3 vs. Winner Game 5 – 1:30 p.m. (TV TBA)
Game 7: (if necessary) – 4 p.m. (TV TBA) 

To add to this there is a 90% chance of rain Sunday so getting the game or games in may be tough.

On 5/17/2017 at 3:17 PM, ellitor said:

Can't stand Beth. Michelle, and Amanda for that matter, don't bother me. And thank for the info Whiskey.

Mowins was given a Monday Night Football play-by-play assignment the first week of the NFL regular season.  Partnered with Rex Ryan.  ESPN continues to do stupid things.

3 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Mowins was given a Monday Night Football play-by-play assignment the first week of the NFL regular season.  Partnered with Rex Ryan.  ESPN continues to do stupid things.

tumblr_mkhvgdL2Nf1s3n3ano1_500.gif

Archived