Sal Cannela impressing the team

WFE12

1 hour ago, The Plainsman said:

20+ catches this season?  

If he is going to be our Evan Engram, yes. Evan Engram got 20 receptions as a true freshman while only playing 8 games. You going to split him out, give him some reps.  Mind you these are engram receptions. I am not even considering how many targets he had per game.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Tiger said:

Anyone know why there weren't more power 5 schools trying to recruit this kid? 6'5 225? What's missing here? Kansas, Maryland, Minnesota, and Texas are the only other P5 schools to have offered him (according to this https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2017/sal-cannella-183002) along with a bunch of Group of 5 schools. I really like his measurables I hope he can at least be the red zone threat CJ Uzomah was and we can finally start hurting teams with a dangerous TE!

my guess, and it is only a guess, is he doesnt have the speed for a typical wideout and since he is a little older will probably not add enough weight to be considered a traditional blocking tight end.  my favorite thing about this guy is the constant reference to his grit and competitive attitude.  maybe his "want to" is the difference maker at the college level and gives him a shot at the next level.

Archived