Finebaum at it again

beagle34

41 minutes ago, kevon67 said:

He does have some qualities I like..........can't stand the staged callers.

I quit listening when Mildred quit calling.  She was quite entertaining.  

2 minutes ago, gulftiger66 said:

Remember Shane from Center Point? Rest his soul now but he was quite the Bammer character. Thought he was a journalist lol. When I found out who he was I realized we both played Little League baseball in Center Point. His younger brother and I were in the same team. Shane would ride his bike around the field. Funny, he didn't get on my nerves back then. 

2 hours ago, gulftiger66 said:

The guy is intelligent, he just let's his bammer fan boy ways interfere with honest journalism.

On 11/9/2019 at 10:32 AM, kevon67 said:

The guy is intelligent, he just let's his bammer fan boy ways interfere with honest journalism.

I seriously doubt Finebaum is a bammer fan boy.  He is from Memphis, and graduated from UT.  Back when he concerned himself with honest journalism, he broke the story on an Alabama player that signed with an agent.  He subsequently made his career the most lucrative by basically trolling fanbases, where Auburn and Alabama were usually the lowest hanging fruit.

1 hour ago, Strychnine said:

I seriously doubt Finebaum is a bammer fan boy.  He is from Memphis, and graduated from UT.  Back when he concerned himself with honest journalism, he broke the story on an Alabama player that signed with an agent.  He subsequently made his career the most lucrative by basically trolling fanbases, where Auburn and Alabama were usually the lowest hanging fruit.

Finebaum is a Finebaum fan boy.  He has no loyalty to any program, but keeps the pot stirred because it benefits him.

1 hour ago, Strychnine said:

You have to admit he blushes like a young school girl at the mention of bammer and his relationship with saban.

On 11/6/2017 at 11:36 AM, alexava said:

It never ceases to amaze me. I actually like that goob. well sometimes, many of his regular callers lose me some days. he is not the authority on anything. he entertains and he has very good sources. on this one i think he is just relaying what he sees on places like HERE.

I used to like him too because his articles with the Post Herald were for the most part impartial. But a damn good argument can be made that he incited Updike to kill our oaks by providing him a venue to enjoy his actions. At the time the trees were killed Finebaum and some of his Bammer callers didn't seem to think it was that big of a deal either and the end result is he had to pack up a move his ass to North Carolina. As far as I'm concerned I don't care if he ever comes back to Auburn again.

21 minutes ago, kevon67 said:

You have to admit he blushes like a young school girl at the mention of bammer and his relationship with saban.

Finebaum is a BAND WAGON RIDER!! I have mentioned this before. He is a total bama fan even though he was born and raised in TN and graduated from UT. He got on the Bear Bryant band wagon when he was doing his radio show in Bham  and jumped on the saban band wagon when the midget became the bama football coach. Favorite pro football team, the NE Patriots, favorite baseball team, the NY Yankees. See a pattern here? But I will say he is very smart and has made millions from his show but like I have also said before, he loves schmoozing around real athletes and coaches. They are all good friends of his. SMH!! 

WDE!!!

I to use to like Finebaum to because when he wrote for the Post Herald his articles were for the most part impartial. But after he had his own show it became apparent he had editors at the PH holding his leash. A pretty good argument can be made that he incited Updike to kill our oaks by giving him a venue to brag about what he had done. Also, after it was apparent the trees would die Finebaum, Shane from Center Point and the rest of the Bammer crowd didn't seem to think it was that big a deal. After it became national news they changed there tune and Finebaum tried to take credit for Updike getting caught. He was too late to appease the Auburn people and after he saw our reaction he had to pack up and move his ass to North Carolina. I don't care if he ever comes back to Auburn.

4 hours ago, triangletiger said:

Finebaum is a Finebaum fan boy.  He has no loyalty to any program, but keeps the pot stirred because it benefits him.

That is what I was getting at.  He is not to be considered a reliable source for fair or insightful analysis and/or opinions, as he is simply an entertainment personality.  Stirring pots is what made him successful, and it is the same reason anyone even knows who he is.  A lot of people take him far more seriously than they should.

Archived