Opponent Preview: Washington

WFE12

IMHO, UW right now looks like an unfortunate (and inaccurate) early season gauge for our D and specifically a secondary that (after the starters) has inexperienced potential. The UW quality combo of very good seasoned QB & RB is not what we need to see early this season. Sure hope our secondary starters stay healthy in August... 

17 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I'm not expecting him back for Washington. 

Edit: Sucks that we won't have Hastings, too. As big a fan as I am of his, though, Davis was a cornerstone of the offense last year. 

What's the delay with Ryan?  He's not named in that article posted which is why I ask.  Not having him will be a huge blow to our offense against UW.  I was going off of this article posted in March saying he was cleared for full contact practices, https://auburn.247sports.com/Article/Receiver-Ryan-Davis-cleared-for-contact-practices-116519722.

1 minute ago, Auburn 6 said:

What's the delay with Ryan?  He's not named in that article posted which is why I ask.  Not having him will be a huge blow to our offense against UW.  I was going off of this article posted in March saying he was cleared for full contact practices, https://auburn.247sports.com/Article/Receiver-Ryan-Davis-cleared-for-contact-practices-116519722.

Oh damn. I had Davis confused with Stove.

Sincere apologies. And embarrassment. 

23 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Thanks for the mini heart attack!

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

In week 1, I think our front 7 will have to play their best football for us to win. Our secondary, as Bird has said, should be okay as long as the 1s are in, but we just lost Tray Matthews, Carlton Davis and Stephen Roberts. Yeesh. 

Our offense will look like a week 1 offense, but hopefully in a general sense and not the "Gus Malzahn week 1" sense. Not having Ryan Davis sucks. 

Very encouraged from comments abouts about Tutt, Sherwood, and Smoke. Steele feels confident in Tutt and Iggy enough to have Javaris play Nickel. AIso Steele said Thomas hasn't had one bad practice. I don't think we will be that bad in the secondary first game.

51 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

No problem at all, it happens.  You're more connected than I am so I figured you knew something the rest of us didn't.  Crisis averted.

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

You had me totally freaked out. While Stove is great, losing Davis would be like sending Stidham out there with one arm tied behind his back.

1 hour ago, atl-tiger said:

Thanks for the mini heart attack!

35 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

You had me totally freaked out. While Stove is great, losing Davis would be like sending Stidham out there with one arm tied behind his back.

I need to drink less.

Wait, I'm not drinking.

I need to drink more.

We have more players than them but they have a much better head coach and will be the better coached team overall.  That makes it a toss up.  

Archived