Mississippi State Post Game Thread

Zeek

19 minutes ago, cole256 said:

At least Mikey can use logic to offer rebuttal. You can't find a worst poster than @AU-24. He/she is awful

You are so full of hate, I feel bad for the sad life you must live. Cheer up, better days ahead.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We've become a catch lightening in a bottle program which we should not be. Cam and Nick were the lightening gifts. Still waiting for the 'Offensive Wizard' to develop 1, just 1 Damn QB. How can he not recruit and develop just even 1 QB? 

Gus Malzahn: By The Numbers

As of Saturday, October 6th, 2018, Gus Malzahn is:

• 2-3 vs. Alabama [1]
  • 2-4 vs. Georgia [2, 8]
  • 2-4 vs. LSU [3, 4, 10]
  • 1-4 in bowl games [5, 6]
  • 0-3 in bowl games vs. Power-5 teams
  • 0-7 in Baton Rouge, Athens and Tuscaloosa
  • 26-17 vs. SEC opponents
  • 10-9 vs. SEC opponents on the road
  • 4-5 vs. non-conference Power-5 teams
  • 2 NY6 bowl appearances (0-2 in them) [7, 9]
  • 1st loss to a non-Power 5 team in 27 years [9]
  • 0 playoff appearances
  • 0 National titles

1 minute ago, selias said:

• 2-3 vs. Alabama [1]
  • 2-4 vs. Georgia [2, 8]
  • 2-4 vs. LSU [3, 4, 10]
  • 0 playoff appearances
  • 0 National titles

Whistle blows, 15 yard unsportsmanlike penalty for piling on! 😁 j/k

1 minute ago, selias said:

• 2-3 vs. Alabama [1]
  • 2-4 vs. Georgia [2, 8]
  • 2-4 vs. LSU [3, 4, 10]
  • 0 playoff appearances
  • 0 National titles

Looks like a $49M resume to me..............Sweet baby Jesus help us. 

3 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Brother, we’re a basketball school now. Our football talent is subpar. And guess what, there’s not a snowball’s chance in hell for us to change anything after this season. $49M!!!

Don't forget baseball.  We can play that too!

Side note:  I actually think our football talent is fine.  We're getting horrid coaching on the offensive side and it shows.

Auburn needs a dual threat QB. I hate that we’re wasting a championship caliber defense but it is what it is. JS was never a good fit for the type of offense Gus runs.  Malik Willis isn’t the answer either. Maybe Joey Gatewood or Bo Nix next season. I still love Auburn though and I’ll still cheer them on even in the Birmingham bowl. War eagle 

Just now, Brad_ATX said:

Side note:  I actually think our football talent is fine.  We're getting horrid coaching on the offensive side and it shows.

Who is our “standout” though?

Just now, AubFanCT said:

Looks like a $49M resume to me..............Sweet baby Jesus help us. 

There's one missing that makes me the most sick.  3-3 against Mississippi freaking State.  That should never happen at AU.  Ever.

2 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

You’re both blind to the truth

We’re a mother ******* equestrian school!!!

Our $49 mil head coach is responsible for an offense that was unable to score a singe touchdown against a second tier team.  His jauggernaut offense only controlled the ball for 18 miles minutes tonight and had 78 total yds offense in the first half.  Let that sink in!

Just now, NolaAuTiger said:

Who is our “standout” though?

I think we have great talent at the skill positions.  But you have to get them the ball for them to show out.  O-line and QB have to be better at that.  Slayton, Whitlow, Williams, Worm, Flash...they're all freaking great players.  Gotta get them the ball in space though and that goes to coaching.

3 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Auburn needs a dual threat QB

AUBURN NEEDS A GOOD HC!

4 minutes ago, wareagleguy said:

Whistle blows, 15 yard unsportsmanlike penalty for piling on! 😁 j/k

Let's go for broke here ;)

Under Gus Malzahn's new contract, signed at the end of the 2017 season, every loss during the 2018 season costs Auburn $558,000. [11]

1: Three straight losses 2014-2016.
2: Three straight losses 2014-2016.
3: 2016 win came as time expired.
4: 2017 blew a 20 point lead to an LSU team that lost to Troy State and MSU.
5: 2013 blew a 18 point lead with the National Championship on the line.
6: Only win came vs. Memphis in Birmingham Bowl;
7: An 8-4 Auburn team went to the Sugar Bowl in 2016 in a down year for the SEC and lost to Oklahoma 19-35.
8: Lost SEC championship game in 2017 7-28.
9: Lost Peach Bowl to UCF 27-34. Last loss to a non-Power 5 team was 1991 vs. Southern Miss. (2007 loss to South Florida is often raised here - South Florida was a member of the Big East, which, at the time, was considered a major conference.) 
10: 2018 blew an 11 point halftime lead. Did not score a single point in the second half. 
11: Malzahn's contract pays him $6.7 million in 2018. 

2 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Auburn needs a dual threat QB. I hate that we’re wasting a championship caliber defense but it is what it is. JS was never a good fit for the type of offense Gus runs.  Malik Willis isn’t the answer either. Maybe Joey Gatewood or Bo Nix next season. I still love Auburn though and I’ll still cheer them on even in the Birmingham bowl. War eagle 

TigerForLife, I agree that we need a dual QB to fully take advantage of the offensive wizardry of our coach. However, how many successful dual qbs has our offensive wizard recruited and developed? 000000000000000

All the coaches are making this too complicated. It’s simple, offense has ball control and the defense is not on field as long. This game was not the  defense fault. The offense exposed them with no TOP. Our defense worked wonders tonight keeping St. from scoring more than they should have with their TOP. Hats off to KS and defense!

I still stand by we are playing more than just the opposing at team. The Birmingham refs are in someone’s pocket. 

54 minutes ago, jetermary said:

Anyone that bought season tickets should be given a refund! How depressing!

I am a season ticket holder and unfortunately due to a major surgery, I will miss the UT game. That has been bothering me all day today but right now it doesn't. I love Auburn and will be back when I can but I am so disappointed in ALL of out coaches. I will be back, God willing, for A&M and Liberty. Meanwhile, I hope our coaches decide to start earning their money.

2 minutes ago, selias said:

Let's go for broke here ;)

Under Gus Malzahn's new contract, signed at the end of the 2017 season, every loss during the 2018 season costs Auburn $558,000. [11]

1: Three straight losses 2014-2016.
2: Three straight losses 2014-2016.
3: 2016 win came as time expired.
4: 2017 blew a 20 point lead to an LSU team that lost to Troy State and MSU.
5: 2013 blew a 18 point lead with the National Championship on the line.
6: Only win came vs. Memphis in Birmingham Bowl;
7: An 8-4 Auburn team went to the Sugar Bowl in 2016 in a down year for the SEC and lost to Oklahoma 19-35.
8: Lost SEC championship game in 2017 7-28.
9: Lost Peach Bowl to UCF 27-34. Last loss to a non-Power 5 team was 1991 vs. Southern Miss. (2007 loss to South Florida is often raised here - South Florida was a member of the Big East, which, at the time, was considered a major conference.) 
10: 2018 blew an 11 point halftime lead. Did not score a single point in the second half. 
11: Malzahn's contract pays him $6.7 million in 2018. 

Have you ever noticed when you’re on the losing end, the stats seem to mock you?!

Gus is too dumb/ proiud to admit that he doesn’t know what to do with a passing QB.    Know what you’re good at and recruit to it.   He didn’t do that because he thinks too highly of his coaching abilities.   I hate it but our next stud throwing QB coming in is probably going to be sadly disappointed in his results.  

1 minute ago, wareagleguy said:

Have you ever noticed when you’re on the losing end, the stats seem to mock you?!

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics.'"

59 minutes ago, dmoney said:

We are the new Kentucky of the SEC... Aww, disappointment my friend, how are you doing... 

I hope we are the new Kentucky in basketball this seaso!:jump:

Florida’s awful Franks is outplaying Stidham 

We'll be 3-5 in conference at BEST. 1-7 at worst. Odds are 2-5.

No way this team (currently) beats TAMU, UGA, turds. UT and OM are a toss up.

Archived