41.3 Million from SEC revenue

GwillMac6

10 hours ago, AU64 said:

Interesting about JJ....sounds like something negotiated as part of closing out his contract.....based on his length of service or something ?.   Pretty sure it was not a gift but I'm surprised someone in the department did not make this public earlier. 

Yeah, I doubt anyone would've made it public if not for the release that came out yesterday.  You and I both questioned the hefty severance and mentioned it appeared excessive relative to the numerous departures of a few coaches & AD staffers.  Now we know where the $3M went.  

This reminds me of how gracious AU was when they canned Tommy Tuberville, in essence fired him and  gave him a $5M gift for his services.  Things like this just further proves that AU ain't hurting for $$ in any capacity. 

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, keesler said:

This reminds me of how gracious AU was when they canned Tommy Tuberville, in essence fired him and  gave him a $5M gift for his services.  Things like this just further proves that AU ain't hurting for $$ in any capacity. 

Expect this (like TT) involved the contract terms.   Last time they tried to screw a guy out of his contract they ended up in court …..so like we said back with Sunny...if you want the guy "gone"....just do what the contract requires and move on.  

Back years ago I got 6 months severance for leaving voluntarily during a cutback.   Was a good deal for me since I was gonna leave anyway, and the company got the head count down by one and replaced me with a lower paid person      I expect the $3M had some kind of payback ….not paying Greene the same salary and other costs associated with keeping JJ.   Some accounted probably figured out where AU broke even financially by doing this and made an upgrade in the position. :)

22 hours ago, logan adams said:

The money will not be put to good use. Sub-far facilities will stay intact

Compared to who?   compared to what?    

Archived