Meet the New Tigers: Caleb Wooden

Zeek

108 days until our opener against Mercer! Today we meet Caleb Wooden, younger brother to Colby Wooden and a valuable player in the secondary as well as special teams!

https://barningknight.substack.com/p/meet-the-new-tigers-caleb-wooden?r=bcms0&s=w&utm_campaign=post&utm_medium=web

CalebWooden.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Great write up. Caleb showed he has talent this spring he was a ball hawk caused disruptions and as you mentioned great zone coverage skills but will need to work on his man to man skills. He reminds me of Smoke Monday but with a better football IQ. He is an honest 6'1" and i would bet money he has probably already added at least 10 pounds of mass since arriving early which would bring him to around 190 pounds.  While not slow he does not have elite speed for a safety but with the right training program he should be able to both add mass and increase his top end speed.  

I expect to see him a lot on special teams this year and get significant reps in games like Mercer and few reps in SEC games. I think he is going to be one of those 3*'s who we will be real happy with down the road. He may be the most underrated player in this class when it is all said and done. To me most underrated player will be between him Powell. I can't wait to read the write up on Powell. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Great write up. Caleb showed he has talent this spring he was a ball hawk caused disruptions and as you mentioned great zone coverage skills but will need to work on his man to man skills. He reminds me of Smoke Monday but with a better football IQ. He is an honest 6'1" and i would bet money he has probably already added at least 10 pounds of mass since arriving early which would bring him to around 190 pounds.  While not slow he does not have elite speed for a safety but with the right training program he should be able to both add mass and increase his top end speed.  

I expect to see him a lot on special teams this year and get significant reps in games like Mercer and few reps in SEC games. I think he is going to be one of those 3*'s who we will be real happy with down the road. He may be the most underrated player in this class when it is all said and done. To me most underrated player will be between him Powell. I can't wait to read the write up on Powell. 

Thanks AuburnNTexas. I agree with the Smoke comparison but that he is probably a little faster and more reliable in coverage. I am pretty excited to watch his development. 

• Like 1