new coach at Arkansas

just came on the 10 o'clock news as "breaking news" (i live in the Mobile area). John Pelphry, coach of the University of South Alabama Jaguars is the new coach at Arkansas....PC is scheduled for tomorrow. will try to see if anyone has a link on this.

only thing i can really find is on a arky board site...

http://www.hogville.net/news.php

That is a good pickup all things considered for the hogs. I still wonder why they didn't go after Mike Anderson. Maybe too many ties to Richardson or something.

Pelphry will be better off out of Mobile. That has to be one of the most negative cities in the US. It seems everything is bashed there! USA wins 14 in a row..."they play in too easy of a conference"...lose a couple of games..."the basketball team sucks..fire Pelphry"...get a nice baseball stadium..."why do they spend so much on the Baybears? My dirt road needs to be paved before they spend another dime on the Baybears or Mysticks (old ice hockey team)!"

I'm tired of listening to them belly-ache, I know the sports community is absolutely disgusted.

i think it will be a good hire for the hogs. i thought he did a good job with USA which speaks for itself, but we'll see what he's made of when the basketball season rolls around this year. SEC ball is somewhat different. :)

i think it will be a good hire for the hogs. i thought he did a good job with USA which speaks for itself, but we'll see what he's made of when the basketball season rolls around this year. SEC ball is somewhat different. :)

C.M. Newton (former Alabama and Vandy coach and UK AD) wondered why Kentucky didn't go after Pelphrey or Travis Ford. Apparently he though high of John's work at USA too.

Pelphry will be better off out of Mobile. That has to be one of the most negative cities in the US. It seems everything is bashed there! USA wins 14 in a row..."they play in too easy of a conference"...lose a couple of games..."the basketball team sucks..fire Pelphry"...get a nice baseball stadium..."why do they spend so much on the Baybears? My dirt road needs to be paved before they spend another dime on the Baybears or Mysticks (old ice hockey team)!"

I'm tired of listening to them belly-ache, I know the sports community is absolutely disgusted.

you have no idea what you are talking about

Archived