Auburn Squeaks by Alabama State, 63-60

TexasTiger

I've got to say that is one of the most intimidating places I've been... but that is all I will say about that.

Matt not only shot well... He got his hands in the passing lanes and disrupted the passing...

Overall we did not play bad. Just still need work on ft's... It was nice to see the shooting touch that alot of people have said about Heramb. You could tell he was having fun.

I wish our student section was right behind the opposing bench like their's was... And I wish I had seen more orange in the crowd... The Auburn showing was pathetic.

I've got to say that is one of the most intimidating places I've been... but that is all I will say about that.

Matt not only shot well... He got his hands in the passing lanes and disrupted the passing...

Overall we did not play bad. Just still need work on ft's... It was nice to see the shooting touch that alot of people have said about Heramb. You could tell he was having fun.

I wish our student section was right behind the opposing bench like their's was... And I wish I had seen more orange in the crowd... The Auburn showing was pathetic.

What was the attendance? What is capacity there?

From cbssportsline page

Founded: 1867

Enrollment: 6,024 (which answers a question I had during the game)

Colors: Black and Old Gold

Home Court: Joe L. Reed Acadome

Capacity: 8,000

Attendance: 4663

It wasnt pretty, but it was a win. Im not one for excuses (or maybe I am), but one thing to consider is we only played 7 guys (Boubacar only went for 1 min testing the ankle out.) Reed and Tez both played all 40 minutes. Tolbert had a terrible night shooting and all around for the most part. Vot got 2 fouls early in the 1st so we lost an opportunity for him to dominate in the 1st. Heramb came in and played well though, and Vot was fresh for the 2nd half, where he completely dominated. Our guys have got to learn to get it in to the big guys more. They could not stop those guys when they got the ball but we missed a lot of opportunities to feed them.

One interesting stat: Only 3 players scored in the 2nd half for Auburn - Vot, Heramb, and Tolbert (2 foul shots with 11 seconds left.)

It was a fun atmosphere and definitely a change of pace. ASU has a very good team it seems. Im just hoping to survive these games until Prowell returns.

I'd say it was a quarter full...

Not sure on the capacity. Maybe 10k.

I did like the set up. Their band was incredibly loud.

Their full band was there, right?

I remember it was like that when I went to see Bama play there. LOUD!

Auburn winning this game is more important than it looks in terms of guts and fighting through adversity. Our Tigers were outmanned and outsized (started 4 guards) but won anyway.

Take it for what it is....a tough win under the circumstances.

Archived