NEW YORK YANKEE THREAD

AUAeroEngineer

• 2 weeks later...

Alex Rodriguez hit a three-run homer in the ninth inning, his second of the game, and the New York Yankees rallied for a 4-3 victory over the Baltimore Orioles on Friday night. Great start for the weekend.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not liking our chances in this series with the Twins. Can't explain it but I'm a little worried. So for all you Yankee haters, and lord knows we have enought of them on this board, I've got a bad feeling. :'( :'( We just don't have the pitching we need and Jeter not playing like the young Jeter anymore.

Yankees win and WarEagle10. You know what I mean. There are tons of Yankee haters out there.

MINNEAPOLIS -- History says that the Yankees usually beat the Twins in the postseason, and history wasn't about to be undone even after Minnesota took a 3-0 lead after three innings in Game 1 of the American League Division Series. An unexpected triple by Curtis Granderson put the Yankees ahead, 4-3, in the sixth, but the Twins tied it.

Minnesota left the bases loaded after tying it in the sixth, though, and that proved fatal when reliever Jesse Crain was scorched for a two-run homer in the seventh inning by Mark Teixeira that proved to be the game-winner at 6-4.

Yanks sweep Twins.

Bravo! I have to deal with a Twins fanatic constantly and he was at Game 1. Told me that when he got to the park and watched the Yanks take BP, he realized that the series would be over in 3.

Fantastic win last night.

Down 5-1 in Friday's eighth, the Yankees knocked out Rangers lefty C.J. Wilson with Brett Gardner's infield single and Derek Jeter's RBI double. Then Darren Oliver walked two men, Darren O'Day allowed a two-run single to Alex Rodriguez and Clay Rapada gave up an game-tying single to Robinson Cano.

Yep doesn't look good for my Yanks. Texas has excellent hitting and Josh Hamilton may be the best baseball player in both leagues. Gotta give props to the Rangers. It ain't over yet but damn close to it.

The Yankees have a Total Payroll for players of $213,328,739. 

The Rangers have a Total Payroll for players of $68,030,020.  The highest paid player on the Rangers is Michael Young at $16,000,000.  The Yankees have 5 players making more than that.  If I was the Steinbrenners I would be very pissed if the Yankees didn't win.  Heads would roll.  ;D

Yeah one thing I have learned is never give up on the Yankees. I hope Tex is okay. Berkman's slide going for that foul ball yesterday was priceless. I spit out my mouthful of coke when I saw it