The New Bush

LegalEagle

During time-outs in the A & M game, I listened to Bush. I heard him rattle off a dozen or more domestic programs he is going to promote if re-elected. I thought some of them were pretty good. I also thought it was pretty obvious that we need such programs.

My question is, why did it take him 3.6 years to start thinking about domestic policy? Why are these programs not already going full steam? The war on terror cannot be the answer. He's been fishing, golfing and mending fences at the ranch about as much time as he's shown up for work. So, where has this Bush been that is now interested in domestic policy?

careful here, LE...according to the #2 man,

Earlier Thursday, Kerry's running mate, John Edwards (search), accused Republicans of using their convention to assail Kerry rather than offer ideas for solving the nation's most pressing problems

yet, you claim

I listened to Bush. I heard him rattle off a dozen or more domestic programs he is going to promote if re-elected. I thought some of them were pretty good. I also thought it was pretty obvious that we need such programs.

one of you wasn't paying close attention....

Nice catch, CT. I don't think the Kerry campaign talking points paper made it to LE's inbox.

"Where I come from, Character is not what you SAY, it is what you DO!"

Zell Miller

Please, measure kerry by THAT standard....... AMERICA ! ! !

During time-outs in the A & M game, I listened to Bush. I heard him rattle off a dozen or more domestic programs he is going to promote if re-elected. I thought some of them were pretty good. I also thought it was pretty obvious that we need such programs.

My question is, why did it take him 3.6 years to start thinking about domestic policy? Why are these programs not already going full steam? The war on terror cannot be the answer. He's been fishing, golfing and mending fences at the ranch about as much time as he's shown up for work. So, where has this Bush been that is now interested in domestic policy?

To answer your question rather than assail you with anti-democratic sentiment....

If President Bush is re-elected. He will not have to stand for re-election if one of these things goes wrong. A second term is all-or-nothing. Kind of like a team pulling out all of the plays in the playbook in the last game of the year. You can't hold anything back. That's just my take.

Also, it seems you've taken a liking to this new Bush. Vote Republican. Why say no when saying yes feels SO GOOD!!!!! ;)

Bush's domestic policy in the first 3.6 years included the following:

Providing tax cuts to everyone who pays taxes

Eliminating double taxation of dividends (dumbest tax ever)

Stimulating the economy after inheriting a massive recession

Blocking the legalization of partial birth abortions

Pulling America up by its bootstraps after the worst attack on our soil in American history

Most importantly...has managed to thwart terrorism on our soil since Sept 11th 2001. Everyone wants to slam him when soldiers die...but no one praises him for the terrorists he stops in america...and the plans he shuts down that we never hear about.

Its easy for Kerry and Edwards to poke at his presidency and domestic policy. Because theyve never been president. We STILL haven't heard about their domestic policy...(Unless you count being a Vet domestic policy).

And we could look at what Kerry has done for Domestic policy over the last 3.6 years if he was present to vote more than some 26% of the time.

Archived