Who is going to be AU's secretary of defense?

TigerProwl24

I want someone who is reputable from AU, that isn't hindered in anyway by the NCAA investigation, to defend AU and Cam's good name if in fact there wasn't any wrongdoing. We need someone to step forward and be the voice of reason in all of this. Surely, our administration isn't just going to sit back and just take this all in. This is a SMEAR campaign and someone needs to be our powerful voice.

I completely agree with you. I know that just letting it go away may be the norm but I would love to see someone come out and put these writers and so called reporters in their place. They will continue spewing their garbage until they are called out. If they can't support their thoughts with facts they should shut up! War CAM Eagle!!

I want someone who is reputable from AU, that isn't hindered in anyway by the NCAA investigation, to defend AU and Cam's good name if in fact there wasn't any wrongdoing. We need someone to step forward and be the voice of reason in all of this. Surely, our administration isn't just going to sit back and just take this all in. This is a SMEAR campaign and someone needs to be our powerful voice.

Bo Knows!!

or Pat Dye maybe? Somebody needs to say something loud and loud!! I do love me some Jeff Lee right now (in an Auburn Family kind of way!!) and appreciate all that he is doing for us!! We need 50 more like him out there now!

Our administration won't do anything but "not comment" and claim "Cam is eligible." What else would they seriously do? Awards are great, especially the Heisman. But the University is not going to be all professional and not say a word. And they aren't going to spend money to sue somebody for defaming Cam's name and any such awards he may have won. There's nothing for the University to gain after the damage has been done. What are they gonna sue for? A Heisman trophy replica?

As much as I appreciate Bo & Dye, we need a professional.  The winner of the last three national debate championships, owns pit bulls, drinks warm beer, and is very well spoken person wrapped around a very bad attitude.  The damage is enormous.  Across all sports and the integrity of the University.  We need a special forces litigator.  And we need him/her now.

As much as I appreciate Bo & Dye, we need a professional.  The winner of the last three national debate championships, owns pit bulls, drinks warm beer, and is very well spoken person wrapped around a very bad attitude.  The damage is enormous.  Across all sports and the integrity of the University.  We need a special forces litigator.  And we need him/her now.

Michael Vick?

Our administration won't do anything but "not comment" and claim "Cam is eligible." What else would they seriously do? Awards are great, especially the Heisman. But the University is not going to be all professional and not say a word. And they aren't going to spend money to sue somebody for defaming Cam's name and any such awards he may have won. There's nothing for the University to gain after the damage has been done. What are they gonna sue for? A Heisman trophy replica?

Nothing to gain after the damage has been done? WHAT?! and I didn't say anything about a lawsuit. WE DO HAVE SOMETHING TO GAIN!!! OUR INTEGRITY AS A WHOLE! What I said was, WE NEED SOMEONE TO STEP FORWARD AND GIVE THE REAL FACTS AND DEFEND OUR GOOD NAME! There are articles be written everywhere that AU is under investigation in the recruitment of Cam Newton, which ISN'T TRUE!!!! Pete Thamel of the NYT has this as his title! We need someone to step forward and clear the air about a lot of things.

Nothing to gain after the damage has been done? WHAT?! and I didn't say anything about a lawsuit. WE DO HAVE SOMETHING TO GAIN!!! OUR INTEGRITY AS A WHOLE! What I said was, WE NEED SOMEONE TO STEP FORWARD AND GIVE THE REAL FACTS AND DEFEND OUR GOOD NAME! There are articles be written everywhere that AU is under investigation in the recruitment of Cam Newton, which ISN'T TRUE!!!! Pete Thamel has this as his title! We need someone to step forward and clear the air about a lot of things.

The problem right now is the question of railing against what?  The only thing out there is that Bond said Rogers told him he could deliver Newton for $180K.  I'm not sure what other statement besides Cam Newton is eligible to play at Auburn our administration could really make.  Otherwise, they would just be shooting at phantom targets called rumor and innuendo, and that doesn't really make us look any cleaner.  In my opinion, of course.

Nothing to gain after the damage has been done? WHAT?! and I didn't say anything about a lawsuit. WE DO HAVE SOMETHING TO GAIN!!! OUR INTEGRITY AS A WHOLE! What I said was, WE NEED SOMEONE TO STEP FORWARD AND GIVE THE REAL FACTS AND DEFEND OUR GOOD NAME! There are articles be written everywhere that AU is under investigation in the recruitment of Cam Newton, which ISN'T TRUE!!!! Pete Thamel has this as his title! We need someone to step forward and clear the air about a lot of things.

The problem right now is the question of railing against what?  The only thing out there is that Bond said Rogers told him he could deliver Newton for $180K.  I'm not sure what other statement besides Cam Newton is eligible to play at Auburn our administration could really make.  Otherwise, they would just be shooting at phantom targets called rumor and innuendo, and that doesn't really make us look any cleaner.  In my opinion, of course.

Ok, now for the $200,000 question: Did Rogers contact Auburn?  If so, did Auburn call NCAA?  MS has made their declarations on these two questions very clear.  I'm hoping the answer to #1 is no but there you go.  Question asked.

The information provided by JLEE, Mayor, ST, and other reliable AU sources has been consistent: the story is several months old - maybe close to a year now.  AU thoroughly researched a possible connection between Rogers, Newton, and anyone associated with AU.  None was found.

I don't think he contacted any team other than MSU.  I see this as pretty simple:  he knew how bad MSU wanted Cam, as a former player he knew someone that could potentially get the $, he used that knowledge and contact to try to swindle some $$$ for himself.  Pretty ct and dry in my opinion.  I don't think anyone or any school did any wrong doing other than Rogers...this was purely him trying to scam his way into a big payday.

I don't think he contacted any team other than MSU.  I see this as pretty simple:  he knew how bad MSU wanted Cam, as a former player he knew someone that could potentially get the $, he used that knowledge and contact to try to swindle some $$$ for himself.  Pretty ct and dry in my opinion.  I don't think anyone or any school did any wrong doing other than Rogers...this was purely him trying to scam his way into a big payday.

That is exactly what I think. 

Exactly, the only reason those two had talks or dealings is because they had a prior, existing relationship as teammates. Do you think he would be stupid enough to chance calling a coach or booster at AU or any other school without having that relationship, demanding money? No.

I think you are dead on. How stupid would AU have to be to get involved in an NCAA violation with an "agent" that has ties to Miss State....the team we are recruiting against for Newton.

I agree.  I haven't heard anyone discussing Cam's visit to Oklahoma.  Apparently, nobody believes all of what Bond is saying or else they would be looking at other schools that recruited him.  

Archived