Sir Charles on WJOX at 10:05

AUinbammerland

Did Sir Charles take a moment to 'apologize' for his comments regarding Auburn not hiring Turner Gill - who, by the way, may be fired after one disappointing season at Kansas?  At the same time did anyone else notice the success that Iowa State is having this season?  I am sure that Chizik's recruits are a big part of the success that Paul Rhodes is having......just sayin'

CGC may have never panned out at ISU. I think Rhodes came in and has done a great job but you have to realize that Chizik was giving the $ to bring in whatever assistants he wanted and he used it to bring in a who's who of college football assistant coaches. He nabbed some of the top assistants from just about every major conference in the nation. My guess is he doesn't go 5-19 at ISU with this staff.  Just a thought.

Did Sir Charles take a moment to 'apologize' for his comments regarding Auburn not hiring Turner Gill - who, by the way, may be fired after one disappointing season at Kansas?  At the same time did anyone else notice the success that Iowa State is having this season?  I am sure that Chizik's recruits are a big part of the success that Paul Rhodes is having......just sayin'

CGC may have never panned out at ISU. I think Rhodes came in and has done a great job but you have to realize that Chizik was giving the $ to bring in whatever assistants he wanted and he used it to bring in a who's who of college football assistant coaches. He nabbed some of the top assistants from just about every major conference in the nation. My guess is he doesn't go 5-19 at ISU with this staff.  Just a thought.

And why exactly does no one give Chizik credit for the fact that Rhodes is playing players that Chizik recruited???

We are family, Sir Charles is one of us. Let's not be naive about athletics at Auburn (and ANY SEC school) in the past. Charles is just honest about it. One reason I absolutely love our coaching staff is that they are representing us in a way that is disassociated with that past. If this all plays out the way I hope and think it will, there will some redemption for us, the coaches, the program, and the University...not just for this recent stuff, but for our past, and quite possibly, to the benefit of all of sports. We need to believe again, as sports fans, as a society. The positive is that that this "faith" may start with our university and the Auburn family! War Eagle!

I believe.. do you? That would make a heck of an advertising campaign for Auburn. Great post AUnChas.

yes great post

Archived