Reality

benjazz

Andre Malone has potential to be an all SEC player before he is done.  Barbee will have to make a decision on Point Guard and stick with it.  Barbee said in an article I read that Gabrial's stamina is an issue.  That appears to be the case as his performance has gone down every time he has played.  We have forwards with potential but they are having growing pains.  We don't have centers that are going to give us much this year.  Rebounding is atrocious.

Lebo recruited for his three or four guard offense.  Barbee uses a center, two forwards and two guards.  While this may not be a good year in wins and losses,  we will start to see players emerge this year who will be productive next year when we don't have the injury and qualifying issues that have hurt us this year.  I have faith in Barbee as a coach and I look forward to seeing players emerge from what is more than likely going to be a very poor wins and losses year to be even stronger Auburn men.  WDE!!!!

We can only hope that's true. Obviously you have to give Barbee time, as with any new coach. I have faith that he'll make the program better. Kenny Gabriel definitely has stamina issues, and Malone does look good. I won't go so far to say he could be All-SEC, but he's good. As far as rebounds go, I agree. However, we still looked so bad everywhere else after out-rebounding teams in each of our first three games. It makes me shutter to think of what will happen when we face teams with height. I'll continue to hope for the best this year, but it'll be ugly for sure.

We have to do a better job of free throw shooting. This is an area where size doesn't matter. We just have to hit them when the opportunity is there. This will go a long way in terms of wins and losses. Also we must crash the boards to get rebounds on both ends. Make it priority to crash the boards. Never know how the ball will bounce but the more guys around it, the better your chance to come up with it. Jump on loose balls like it is a fumble. Any extra or saved possession goes a long way. Long story short, playing with great effort and as a team is key.

Archived