bcs tickets

wellsfs

Well, I'm pretty sure that selling tickets you do not actually have is a crime.  Especially since they are selling it as you having actually bought a ticket instead of a chance to get a ticket. 

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The story stub hub is giving a co-worker of mine.

The people that said they would sell through them has not gotten the tickets.

He has been on the phone with them yesterday and today as well.

They are suppose to tell him something tonight.

Stub Hub told him this has happen in many cases this year.

People have not gotten the tickets they are trying to sell through stub hub.

I will let everyone know the out come on this tomorrow if and when he tells me.

The sad part is that I used a major ticket broker, they are in the process of crediting me 200% of my sale.  I will actually walk away with over $4000 cash, and I still can't take that and buy a ticket.  I'm even worried when I go to the arena I won't be able to get in.  Anybody know the max the firemarshall will allow in the building?  Wondering if they will allow more than the 9,500.  

Unlikely I will find a ticket at this point so........I have two BCS party passes and an orange parking pass if anyone is interested.

I bought a package through Premiere Travel, tickets, hotel, travel to game plus meal on game day.  I received a fedex packet over the holidays with all the information telling me when and how to pick up tickets at the hotel.  I just received an email reassuring me my tickets will be there.  Anyone have any experience with this bunch?

First post here. In fact, first post ever in my life on a message board.

I too bought through Brownell in Birmingham and they set me up on the Premier charter plane, hotel and ticket package.  The way I look at it, if those guys actually charter a 737 from Southwest, and load me and 100+ others on the plane and take us to Phoenix, why would they lie and not have tickets when we get there?

So, if the plane is in Bham and I take off, I'm very comfortable.

By the way, I know the Brownell people very well. I trust them.

Can you give more detail what they are saying on F-bum....

Would like to share with co-worker.....

Sorry, I quit listening shortly after I posted that, but basically a couple of callers called in and said the same things that have been brought up in this thread.  I didn't hear any new info on it during the time I was listening.

I got the call from Stubhub about my replacement tickets.

They did what I repeatedly requested of them previously:

1)Look at the tickets online with me and what was available should be mine.

Good news is they did give me two replacement tickets at 5000 a piece.

Bad news is they are in the Oregon section, and they wouldnt and ultimately didnt have to place me in the Auburn section at 6500 a pop

Despite what I was previously told. Stub Hub does indeed purchase tickets and keeps some tickets out for instances like this.  My replacement tickets are coming from a broker, but yes I will still sweat until i get the tracking email later tonight and they are in my hands. 

I have bashed stubhub over frustration in the last 48 hours, but if they deliver now I will sing a different tune.

The fool who tried to sell me tickets he didnt have will be charged about 9400 all together for his little scam, which does make me smile now.

The fool who tried to sell me tickets he didnt have will be charged about 9400 all together for his little scam, which does make me smile now.

how do they charge him?  Looks like if he scammed you, they will not be able to locate him at all. 

Just got a call from a good friend (female) in tears b/c StubHub pulled this crap on her as well.  She bought 3 tix before the SEC Champ game and they were sold to a higher bidder.  I feel terrible for her....one of the biggest AU fans I know (she even paid to go to the Heisman presentation ceremony).  If you guys hear of anything available send me a message.  Thanks.

Does anyone with a legal background or some experince with this know if there are any options?  If they pulled this crap on me, I think I would resort to "less sophisticated" tactics. 

Does anyone with a legal background or some experince with this know if there are any options?  If they pulled this crap on me, I think I would resort to "less sophisticated" tactics. 

Calling out to rockfordpi and/or AUCouncil...

Same thing with the tickets happened to me.  A bunch of us that are Auburn Alums got tickets through a broker.  Received an email today with a refund.  My friends got theres.  I need one if anyone knows of someone selling them.  THanks!

This is tough news...seems like a big % of people got screwed.

Just a follow up: the post about the purchasetix.com is by a couple people in our group.  According to them, Purchasetix evidently linked you to Big City Tickets out of Chicago.  They were fulfilling the orders and are the ones that aren't producing.  What sucks is Big City Tickets still has BCS tickets listed on their website...but for astronomical amounts.

Sucks...

Yes, I started a thread about purchasetix.  They lead me to Big City Tickets and they are the ones screwing me right now.  I called purchasetix and reported Big City Tickets.  purchasetix told me that BCT must fulfill my order or pay a price.  We'll see what happens.

Who's up for filing a class action lawsuit?

What needs to happen is for all of you to call the Office of Consumer Affairs with the state Attorney General's office. This appears to be a concerted effort to scam people for higher profits AFTER they COMMITTED to sell them AT A PARTICULAR PRICE. This is a classic bait and switch scam and with it being so pervasive, it may even fall under the RICO statutes for racketeering.

StubHub is the only reason I have tickets - I bought 2 online after the SECCG at a great price (20yd line @$1000), then never heard from the seller.  After 4 days without a confirmation I complained to StubHub.  They enforced the sale -  I sweated up to the point my tickets arrived on the 28th, but they came through for me. 

Like some others, I also have a buddy in the broker business. He said this is the toughest ticket of all-time.  There are many brokers with LOTS of unfilled orders - they are scrambling for tickets and driving the price through the roof.  Unfortunately many people are going to arrive in AZ and find out they don't have tickets. 

What needs to happen is for all of you to call the Office of Consumer Affairs with the state Attorney General's office. This appears to be a concerted effort to scam people for higher profits AFTER they COMMITTED to sell them AT A PARTICULAR PRICE. This is a classic bait and switch scam and with it being so pervasive, it may even fall under the RICO statutes for racketeering.

I am in full agreement.  This is not just a tough ticket.  We are not talking about people now having to pay high prices for the few tickets being made available.  The issue is that the distributors/brokers knowingly sold tickets that they could not/would not fulfill.  Now are driving up prices to make up the penalties they will have to pay to the brokers.  That is illegal.

Hey has anyone bought tickets from a place called BigRedTickets.com, or know anything about them I saw them on ebay that's where i bought my ticket from, but the catch is I have to pick it up in Glendale I have an invoice and everything for it just wanted to know if anyone knew or had any experience with them whatsoever.  I purchased through them because their feedback was so good on ebay.

Thanks,

After reading through these posts I'm really starting to get worried. I bought my tickets through a broker and was intially told my tickets would ship by 3 Jan. Now I'm being told I will have to pick them up in Glendale. We even got a call from the Broker today offering to buy the tickets we don't even have for $2500 each.  That's almost 3 times more than we paid.  Of course we said forget it. I don't know what to think at this point. I'll tell you this if I don't get tickets I'm going to get a lot more than $2500 per ticket from them.

I lost my ticket today that I had bought through Ticket Solutions on an Ebay bid. They have a 200% guarantee on the tickets and at first only refunded the value of the ticket. When I called them inquiring about their guarantee they posted the full amount I paid originally to my pay pal account in addition to the refund. While it is nice to have the extra money it will not cover the cost of anything available now.

Archived