UGA "Dream Team"

TigerProwl24

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:  I think tonight was the first installment of the colossal failure by Richt and his staff, to try and assemble the best talent in the state to play together at UGA, and deemed to be called the "dream team".  :rolleyes:  They're going to be some sick puppies when we get Drew and Wright, and Crowell and Mitchell go to bama. I'm not even sold on them getting Rome anymore. Those are going to be some angry leghumpers come NSD! Serves them right for the stunts they tried to pull after our game this year and the constant bashing of Fairley and all of our players ever since.

Some bammer left a post on the puppy's rivals board telling them to watch the Iron Bowl over the next 3 or 4 years if they wanted to see the dream team. I usually dont agree with bammers, but that post was pretty funny

After the game tonight, I went and read the UGA scout board. They are in full meltdown over the inevitable failure of the dream team. It's hilarious  :laugh:

I bet. They thought they had Dickson in the bag and some even thought Bray was all but theirs. Poor pups!

Some bammer left a post on the puppy's rivals board telling them to watch the Iron Bowl over the next 3 or 4 years if they wanted to see the dream team. I usually dont agree with bammers, but that post was pretty funny

Ouch...  I'm sure they don't want to hear that but that could very well be the case.  :bananadance:

Aaron Murphy with AJ Green was a great looking QB prospect for the future. Without AJ he looked terrible. Next year he won't have AJ so guess what that means. Maybe the prospects see past Richt's BS.

I still think they get Crowell and Rome.

I'm not so sure about that. IMO, Crowell wants to go to bama but he also wants to play early. If Ingram goes pro, I think Crowell will go to bama. If Ingram stays, then Crowell goes to UGA. I've thought for a while now that Rome was a huge UGA lean(silent) because he has been one of the main recruits that are helping recruit for them but when Rome realizes that every recruit that was suppose to make up the "dream team" is jumping ship to other programs, he might also. I know it is late in the process but I wouldn't count out bama, Clemson or even UF for that matter. I've really just lost all faith in Richt and his staff, and it isn't far fetched to think the recruits might be thinking the same.

Earlier this week on 680 in Atlanta.  Buck was saying it was time to get rid of UGA recruiting coordinator Rodney Garner.  I laughed out loud because IMO Garner does a good job and will get snatched up by another SEC school in a heartbeat.

UGA fans have noticed the talent headed West to AU and ua.

I knew Belue was an arrogant jerk, but I guess I didn't fully realize he's an idiot too.  Garner knows where all the bodies are buried. I doubt he's going anywhere.

I knew Belue was an arrogant jerk, but I guess I didn't fully realize he's an idiot too.  Garner knows where all the bodies are buried. I doubt he's going anywhere.

It isn't easy to sell Mark Richt right now.

Amongst the UGA fans I know there is a feeling that Garner being passed over for the DC position, while the right decision, has somewhat doused the recruiting fire he once had. 

According to this article, Bray and Dickson are still planning to take visits. While I am happy to hear that we still have a shot at Dickson, the thought of Bray looking around stinks.

http://blogs.ajc.com/recruiting/2011/01/06/ten10-xzavier-dickson-swears-coin-flip-landed-on-alabama/

I wouldn't say looking around...he is just taking his visits. The fact that he went ahead and committed prior to his final visits should say a LOT more about where he stands.

I still think they get Crowell and Rome.

I'm not so sure about that. IMO, Crowell wants to go to bama but he also wants to play early. If Ingram goes pro, I think Crowell will go to bama. If Ingram stays, then Crowell goes to UGA. I've thought for a while now that Rome was a huge UGA lean(silent) because he has been one of the main recruits that are helping recruit for them but when Rome realizes that every recruit that was suppose to make up the "dream team" is jumping ship to other programs, he might also. I know it is late in the process but I wouldn't count out bama, Clemson or even UF for that matter. I've really just lost all faith in Richt and his staff, and it isn't far fetched to think the recruits might be thinking the same.

Saban visited Barry Sanders Jr here in Oklahoma this week. He let the cat out of the bag on Ingram's decision: "Sanders told The Oklahoman that Saban told him that he believes 'Bama running back Mark Ingram is going to forgo his senior season and declare for the NFL Draft. Saban said Ingram, who won the Heisman Trophy as a sophomore, will make his decision Friday."

Read more: http://newsok.com/alabamas-nick-saban-visits-barry-sanders-says-he-believes-mark-ingram-will-go-pro/article/3529693#ixzz1AHUjRol2

UGA could very well strike out with the highest recruits on their board, Drew, Dickson, Wright, Crowell, Bray and Rome, with Rome probably being their best chance. Ouch!

It's hard to get excited about a program that has been in the recruiting top ten the past fews years,  and then loses to UCF in an irrelevant bowl game. We're not the only ones putting two and two together ;)

Looks like I might have some major backtracking to do if we get Crowell, which I will be more than happy to do. I still think he goes to bama but our chances are looking better and better. Hopefully Coach Luper can seal the deal on that last visit.

"Auburn will finish Westerman(ot) Drew,Crowell,Jenkins and Wright..UGa should get Rome….Micthell is ALA….slight chance to flip dickson…NSD will be a sad day for us dog fans, good class, but should have been great….. I have very, vey, very reliable sources that Drew is recruiting for AUb and is NOT going to UGA…..Drew,Leromier,Whitaker,Jenkins will be a nasty d-line…I till think we can win 8 or 9 games next year..just need to get bigger and stronger.."

UGA in meltdown mode....

Archived