SI article on Saban oversigning, !

wdeexit310

There is a big SI article on Saban oversigning,  they really hammered him,,,,sorry not good at providing link.

Maybe someone can go to Si.com and provide link....must read!

Interesting article.  I think the greyshirting is fair, but the medical hardship waver is a little rediculous, especially when you do it every year.

Interesting article.  I think the greyshirting is fair, but the medical hardship waver is a little rediculous, especially when you do it every year.

He could just tell them to pack their bags.  By giving medical hardship schollys he is helping them to remain in school.  But it also helps him out because it keeps them from possibly transferring to a competitor. 

He could just tell them to pack their bags.   By giving medical hardship schollys he is helping them to remain in school.  But it also helps him out because it keeps them from possibly transferring to a competitor. 

Yea... I think his motivation is far more about keeping them from transferring to a competitor.

Greyshirting is fair if everyone is on the same page to start with. Daryl Collins found out less than a week before NSD that he was being asked to greyshirt after being commited to bammer for 11 months. That isn`t fair no matter what color you call it. Auburn greyshirted a couple of lineman several years back but the situation was different. Auburn offered them late in the process and they knew at the time very well may be greyshirted. One had an injury I believe from highschool and gave him a chance to recover better. All is fair if everyone agrees what fair is to start with.

He could just tell them to pack their bags.   By giving medical hardship schollys he is helping them to remain in school.  But it also helps him out because it keeps them from possibly transferring to a competitor. 

Yea... I think his motivation is far more about keeping them from transferring to a competitor.

Having his cake and eating it too.

I think that, if anything, his abuse of the medical hardships should be examined.  He shouldnt have a free card to tell 4th year juniors/5th year seniors that they won't be playing and that they could help the team most by taking a medical hardship. 

It is an obvious exploitation of the system.  If he doesn't think that a 5th year guy is going to contribute he shouldn't be given a get out of jail card.  Sometimes kids spend their careers at a place and never make an impact, that is part of the game. 

In any case, the kids that get run off are getting hurt and the NCAA/SEC need to step in to protect the student-athletes and, in a lesser sense, to stop this obvious attempt to bypass the spirit of the rules.

I think that, if anything, his abuse of the medical hardships should be examined.  He shouldnt have a free card to tell 4th year juniors/5th year seniors that they won't be playing and that they could help the team most by taking a medical hardship. 

It is an obvious exploitation of the system.  If he doesn't think that a 5th year guy is going to contribute he shouldn't be given a get out of jail card.  Sometimes kids spend their careers at a place and never make an impact, that is part of the game. 

In any case, the kids that get run off are getting hurt and the NCAA/SEC need to step in to protect the student-athletes and, in a lesser sense, to stop this obvious attempt to bypass the spirit of the rules.

Now, honestly, do you really think that he would exploit the system??

I think his motivation is having the guys sign a non disclosure act. If you freely release them then they will tell the world the dirty little tricks saban has done.

I heard Scarbinsky from the Birmingham News say last night that they always request some kind of financial report or something like that from every school, that shows how many scholarships that each school has given out, and mysteriously, bammer is the only school that has scholarship numbers BLACKED OUT on the report. Seems kind of like they are trying to hide something doesn't it?

Archived