Deleting threads

thacheetah11

Why are threads getting deleted? I don't post very often but I have clicked two separate threads today and the site tells me that the thread is gone. What gives?

WDE

Which threads?  Chances are they were merged with another thread with a similar topic.  We don't delete that many threads. 

Why are threads getting deleted? I don't post very often but I have clicked two separate threads today and the site tells me that the thread is gone. What gives?

WDE

depends on what it was about. It may have been merged with an existing thread on the same subject.

If you posted on the topic you believe is deleted then go to your last posts and see if it was merged with another topic.

Unless your specific post was deleted OR the thread itself was deleted, the easiest way to find it is to go to your profile and click on the link at the bottom to go to your last posts.  Then you can see and click on the thread your post is sitting in if you like. As part of the care and feeding of the site, a lot of threads are either merged to others of the same subject or moved to the more appropriate forum. Hope this helps. Happy hunting!

Archived