Travis Blanks

wareaglejr

It's a battle right now between FSU and Auburn.

This. It'll be tough to pull him out of Tallahassee, especially considering the job Coach Fisher has done on the recruiting trail as of late, but we got a head start. I think we slightly lead

It's a battle right now between FSU and Auburn.

and Georgia. Richt has gotten himself into the Blanks sweepstakes.  Blanks was talking about announcing soon and certainly before his senior season, but it won't surprise me if he decides to wait.  Blanks is pretty up in the air right now with his top schools.

We're sitting very pretty right now... I expect him to commit around BCWIII.

Unlikely.  It will be a battle for his signature and I don't think Blanks will announce early like he was originally intending.

i hope so he is one of my favorites for 2012. from the looks of his highlights he is stud. we are recruiting him as a safety right?

Understood Blanks could be looking at playing CB at the next level. Searched for info on AE found nothing, don't remember where I read it. Most are looking at him as S though.

i hope so he is one of my favorites for 2012. from the looks of his highlights he is stud. we are recruiting him as a safety right?

Understood Blanks could be looking at playing CB at the next level. Searched for info on AE found nothing, don't remember where I read it. Most are looking at him as S though.

I know that he told 247Sports he prefers to play CB and that's what he's interested in playing in college.

We're sitting very pretty right now... I expect him to commit around BCWIII.

Unlikely.  It will be a battle for his signature and I don't think Blanks will announce early like he was originally intending.

He'll be one of the biggest big cats...

• 1 month later...

Visiting this w/e! Per J. Hoke... says this w/e will be "a big, big trip" for Blanks, and it will let him know "where Auburn stands" in his mind! Wants to check out all of the "non-football" things that AU has to offer on this trip. After naming AU his leader back in October, Blanks says that AU is STILL VERY HIGH (along with uga and ua) and that there is a 70% chance he leaves FL to go to school!

:we:

Favorite recruit this year. Great christian guy and really has a good head on his shoulders. Plus he is a gym rat!

I agree and I think we have a VERY, VERY good chance to sign him! Pay CLOSE attention to his comments after his visit this weekend! It could be VERY telling IMO as to exactly where we stand with him. I have NO doubt that he will have an excellent visit. He's already said that he LOVES everything about AU, and that he has an AUsome relationship with CGC and the whole staff... so taking that HUGE advantage for us into account, IF he comes back saying that his visit was a "10 out of 10" or it was "PERFECT" or that "AU feels like home" or something like that, like we've heard from guys in similar situations the past couple of years, then we could be BACK at #1 for one of the TOP ATH's in the country! Here's examples of the types of comments to look for from Blanks and all the other recruits who visit....

"We talked about the real stuff," said Reed. "Coach Chizik said if I come to Auburn, I would be just like family. I also met Coach Taylor. He is amazing. He's crazy, real easy to get along with. He's into family, too. All of the coaches are. Everything they said was about family. It's all family over there. I really liked that. "It was just really nice," he said. "I liked everything. They showed me pictures of some of the fans before the game. That was big. They have a lot of fan support. I also really liked that they are all into family. That's really big, just knowing they have your back on anything." -Trovon Reed after first ever visit to AU

"I had a great time," Seastrunk said. "It was the best experience I ever had. I've been to a lot of places. I've been to the top schools but I didn't get that feeling like I got here. It's a good feeling. Overall, it was the best trip I've had." - Lache Seastrunk after first ever visit to AU

"That is by far, from the ones I've seen in the SEC, the best fan base. The fans were great. I talked to just about the whole coaching staff," Whitaker said. "I like all of them. They are all great guys and great coaches. It's always good to go and see the coaches. They were happy I came."

"The visit helped. I liked Auburn and I still like Auburn," he said. "I like the school, the atmosphere, and the people are good people."

"I don't know where I will take official visits to, but I know Auburn is going to be one of them. I just don't know when it will be. The next time I go to Auburn it will probably be an official visit." -Jeffrey Whitaker after AU/WVU game

"Everything went excellent," said Newton. "I'm on Cloud Nine right now. Auburn is making it hard on me," Newton said. "I'm going home not with just, 'hey mom and pops, they have this.' But 'they have this, that, they have all of this, you have to see this, you have to see that.' It's a major plus right now as far as recruiting and me committing. I really can't wait to get home to tell my parents what happened. I can't wait." -Cameron Newton after first visit to AU

"It was one of the best visits I've ever been on," he said. "It was great. I learned a lot about the whole program and the whole school. I didn't know much before I got there, but when I left I knew a whole lot about the University and about the football program. It was a pretty great visit."

"They say the more you go the more you fall in love with it. I really think that's a true statement with how good they make you feel and how much they have to offer at Auburn. I'm really excited to go back to Auburn because I really like their program." -Kris Frost after first visit to AU

""My plan was to just go see how close I could get, family-wise, and I felt like I built a strong relationship with the coaches and some of the players. I think it's somewhere I could go and enjoy playing football and focusing on my grades. I love it at Auburn," he said. "It's just like home to me. I just feel like right now Auburn would be the best place for me...." -Gregory Robinson after first visit to AU

I would rate it a 9.5 out of 10," said Fulse.

The only thing that kept the visit from receiving a perfect score?

"I didn't commit," he said. "But I thought about it. I think about where I should go every day. I thought about it a lot while I was at Auburn." -Brandon Fulse after his OV to AU

From Rivals.com

Got a good friend who goes to school with him and says he is literally wearing atleast an auburn lanyard for his keys every day.  He said he has seen alot of AU underarmour on him too, word on the street down there is that he could easily be a silent

he is very much wanting to go out of state. The guy earlier ITT who said that they heard he was leaning to FSU...wrong. He does NOT want to stay where he's lived his whole life. He sees college as an opportunity to network with all new people.

We're fighting UGA for him mainly. I don't expect him to drag it out to NSD.

Has Blanks said anything else in regards to his AU visit yet?  Saw where Matthews has something about "feeling like home."

Blanks said he feels like Auburn is a second home.  Likes the fact that its only 3 hours away from home, and has a great relationship with the staff.  Didn't indicate a decision coming anytime soon, but he is an early graduate so he'll likely be in orange and blue by this time next spring.

Blanks said he feels like Auburn is a second home.  Likes the fact that its only 3 hours away from home, and has a great relationship with the staff.  Didn't indicate a decision coming anytime soon, but he is an early graduate so he'll likely be in orange and blue by this time next spring.

kinda said some things along the lines of other prior Auburn recruits who became commits is what is sounds like. kinda like what DJ said.. if he feels like it's home, it likely will end up being his home. War Eagle!

• 4 weeks later...

Archived