Chris Keys from Alabama to claim he received improper benefits

Toddau

Ok someone tell me why every media outlet is reporting that HBO will have Stanley McClover indicting Auburn, but no one is reporting that Chris Keys will also be saying Alabama gave him illegal benefits??????  The Bammers are going crazy with the hope that McClover is really going to say that ( which we don't have facts of by the way)  but they dont know they are in the same boat?  Confusing....Bias

No media outlet is reporting it, that is my point.  But google Chris Keys HBO.  There is the same buzz about him as Stanley, just no media is biting at that one.

My question is why are there two unconfirmed stories on the internet but the media is only reporting the Auburn is dirty story.  It's really getting old.

No media outlet is reporting it, that is my point.  But google Chris Keys HBO.  There is the same buzz about him as Stanley, just no media is biting at that one.

My question is why are there two unconfirmed stories on the internet but the media is only reporting the Auburn is dirty story.  It's really getting old.

B\C Stanley was well known for starters...Auburn just won the NCG, Auburn had Cam Newton, Auburn's Cam won the Heisman, etc. etc.

Complaining makes sense but dont wonder why. We are the most controversal football program right now...whether we did anything or not. Its all in the eyes of the beholder.

Side note does anyone know when the HBO special is going to air?

which media outlet is reporting any of this. i only see it here.

Ok now a media person is reporting it but of course he is an Auburn Graduate... everyone else is scared to step in front of the Bama Media Darlings.

WalleyAU22 ... I think the show is March 30th

http://dev.chuckoliver.net/2011/02/hbo-digging-into-secs-darker-side/

UGH...ABC 33/40 just ran the McClover story using Sports by the tool as their source. NO mention of Bama. :pcprobs::devil:

Until Mike Raida comes back, Jeff Smeegle will put his bammer spin on everything.

If the SEC folds,  I want Auburn in the ACC with the basketball schools.

SPUAT can join the Big12less2 and enjoy their long road trips to Austin, Norman, etc..

unfortunately I got the following NCAA rules from XXX site....however, it talks about exceptions the NCAA can go outside the 4 year window...IF a bama player comes out and says he received extra benefits...remember this, Bama is still on probation till 2012......So, if the limitations are extended and players from Auburn and Alabama come out claiming extra benefits at least Auburn is not currently on probation for 'lack of institutional control,' Bama is!

IMO...the Chris Keys interview will be determined by whoever the highest bidder is...The REC or HBO....

NCAA rule 32.6.3 Statute of Limitations: Allegations included in a notice of allegations shall be limited to possible violations occurring not earlier than four years before the date the notice of inquiry is forwarded to the institution or the date the institution notifies (or, if earlier, should have notified) the enforcement staff of its inquiries into the matter. However, the following shall not be subject to the four-year limitation:

(a) Allegations involving violations affecting the eligibility of a current student-athlete;

(B) Allegations in a case in which information is developed to indicate a pattern of willful violations on the part of the institution or individual involved, which began before but continued into the four-year period; and

© Allegations that indicate a blatant disregard for the Association’s fundamental recruiting, extra-benefit, academic or ethical-conduct regulations or that involve an effort to conceal the occurrence of the violation. In such cases, the enforcement staff shall have a one-year period after the date information concerning the matter becomes available to the NCAA to investigate and submit to the institution a notice of allegations concerning the matter.

Who in the world is Chris Keys???? Did this cat even see the field?

Not saying I would do this but, someone needs to catch Thayer and XXX in an alley and kick the crap out of them.

Its funny....I was raised that when you shoot off your mouth and piss someone off you might just get an butt whipping.....that has gone out the window in the past 10 years

It seems like the HBO report is going to look at all schools, not just Auburn.  I don't know if it will be limited to the SEC; I can't imagine them ignoring the Pac-10 after the Reggie Bush scandal.  The McGlover angle is hitting the media now, but it's a long time until the segment shows on March 30, so you can bet that more will come out.

I'm starting to think the SEC will implode itself in the near future.

I can't say I disagree.  HBO doing a story on how dirty we are in the SEC is not something we want exposed.  The SEC is filthy.  You know it.  I know it.  The rest of the country suspects it.  Now HBO is going to prove it.  This is not good at all.

Guys everybody has cheated somehow or other..  tommy t wasn't the perfect saint by any stretch.  He knew that online class bs was going on, and I heard a few years ago that brad lester was living a little above his means as far as the house he had.  But so far I haven't heard any legitimate accusations of such taking place here since CGC was hired.  If the player admits to improper benefits, the ncaa will surely acknowledge the fact that there is a new regime in charge with what is a clean record.  So please don't be alarmed, ctub was lousy and now he is gone.  He may love auburn, but he was no auburn man.  

I can't say I disagree.  HBO doing a story on how dirty we are in the SEC is not something we want exposed.  The SEC is filthy.  You know it.  I know it.  The rest of the country suspects it.  Now HBO is going to prove it.  This is not good at all.

Yep, but the rest of the media will spin it on Auburn. It's already started.

Yep, but the rest of the media will spin it on Auburn. It's already started.

Not on the national stage.  I live in Ohio and the only place I see the HBO story talking about Auburn is on the Auburn sites I visit.

Auburn is just a hot target right now. All of these writers see this story and want to attach their names to it in some form or fashion. Wait till the next team comes along and has a scandal of some sort and it will start over on them. About the only thing that can be done about paying players is to lay down huge criminal charges on boosters. Start attacking the money source and cheating will be affected somewhat. Holding schools responsible and putting student athletes under sanctions that had nothing to do with the previous issues is wrong in my opinion. Start sending these big money boosters to prison for several years and it will stop this mess. If a coach is involved, send them to prison also and ban them from coaching forever. If they genuinely want this cheating stopped, then they will have to be harsh when it comes to punishment or it will never stop.

Auburn is just a hot target right now. All of these writers see this story and want to attach their names to it in some form or fashion. Wait till the next team comes along and has a scandal of some sort and it will start over on them. About the only thing that can be done about paying players is to lay down huge criminal charges on boosters. Start attacking the money source and cheating will be affected somewhat. Holding schools responsible and putting student athletes under sanctions that had nothing to do with the previous issues is wrong in my opinion. Start sending these big money boosters to prison for several years and it will stop this mess. If a coach is involved, send them to prison also and ban them from coaching forever. If they genuinely want this cheating stopped, then they will have to be harsh when it comes to punishment or it will never stop.

The NCAA doesn't have that kind of enforcement ability.  The only way to do what you suggest is to get the IRS involved because giving money away isn't a crime but if it's a big enough amount they could be looking at tax evasion charges.  Good luck getting any sort of real crime pinned against the coaches though.

That is true, but it will never stop unless something like this is implemented in some way. Kids will just have to keep getting hit with penalties that happened many years before they ever stepped foot on campus, which is sad. If a kid keeps causing trouble and a parent just says, "stop doing that now.", the kid will keep doing it. But if you tear his behind up he will get the message really quickly. The penalties now are like me grounding my son when he is 40 for something he did when he was 5. It's ridiculous.

Everyone knows its going on, university presidents, AD's, coaches, players, boosters and fans. The only time someone gets pissed off and the NCAA gets involved is when a university gets mad that  they do not get the player they wanted and blows the whistle to the NCAA.

I have never seen an auction that only takes place with 1 person.

What really cracks me up is how Bryant Gumble, Thayer Evans, XXX and people of the same mind set do not realize that if you stop all of this what in the hell will they report on. I am sure none of them can get a job doing anything else!

Archived