Auburn - 10 vs. ASU - 8 FINAL

Varnadore on the mound to salvage this series. Great weather here, and expecting a big turnout. See you there

*DISCLAIMER: I WILL NOT BE PROVIDING PLAY BY PLAY FOR THIS GAME*

We are pretty bad fundamentally. Our base running is nothing short of awful. The sick part is we are still a good baseball team. We could be great if we could play fundamental baseball. That's what ASU does and they win games.

This was the biggest win of the season so far right here...  Salvaged a win vs. #7 team in the nation and now we're 11-5 just like we were last year.  WAR EAGLE!

It was GREAT to see Auburn's bats heating up when we needed runs! Great win!

I hope our coach can work on those fundamentals with this young team.

^^^THIS^^^ I was impressed with our team overall. Some pretty good at bats today. Not a ton of swings at bad pitches. I will agree about the bats. There were about 4-5 balls hit today that would have been gone last year. Base running must improve. Thought we did do a decent job of getting bunts down in key situations. Outfielders need to learn what a cut off man is. We gave runners extra bases at least twice today because we threw the ball from the outfield way over the cut off mans head to home instead of throwing it to the middle of the diamond and keeping the runners where they were. That will cost you runs all the time. Overall as I said earlier, we've got a good baseball team. If we can work on some basic stuff we can contend this year for sure. War Eagle!!

Proud of our guys for coming back against a good team.  We're starting to see who are hitters are going to be Mcelroy, Glimer and Gamache have been big.  I like Hargett and Fradejas setting the table.  We just need to see Patterson and Simpson get going.

As for pitching, not a great weekend by our starters, hopefully they'll bounce back.  I'd still like to see Morris get a chance to start.  Encouraged by the work of Ray, Blatt, and Wallen out of the pen.

Varnadore on the mound to salvage this series. Great weather here, and expecting a big turnout. See you there

*DISCLAIMER: I WILL NOT BE PROVIDING PLAY BY PLAY FOR THIS GAME*

WHAT!!!!  Come on, man!  It's your freaking duty to AE!!!  >:( 

:laugh:  For real, do!  Man, was that a nice win to lead us into league play with a little bit of confidence!  I was at every game with Fish, guys, and we outplayed them for the better part of the weekend.  I am still very sore over that Friday night loss.  That game was ours and would have been huge!  Anyways, we are looking good, fellas.  'Just need a few guys to step up out in that bullpen and maybe work on some fundamentals (ie:hitting the cutoff man).  'We ready!  WDE!!!

Archived