Trevor Lacey (updated 4/11/11 9:13 am cst)

waregl87

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep.  We are suddenly no longer in the running.  I believe it has a lot to do with the belief that we can't get him qualified.

That's fine. Don't get me wrong -- I'd love to have him. But I'd rather just not deal with altogether than for him to sign with us and eligibility questions come up in the middle of the season.

Exactly how is he gonna get into any school other than UK (because Calipari is just gonna get somebody to take Lacey's ACT for him -- ala Derrick Rose  :laugh:)?

from what im hearing his final 3 is UK,KU,and Bama sorry boys we missed out on this one.this has been one terrible 2nd signing period we have missed out on alot of good players

Agree this late period has been rough.

I am going to throw out this topic for discussion, if anyone wants to, but could the fact that we're not doing as good as hoped in the 2nd signing period be either partly or maybe even entirely due to the fact that Barbee has still not signed his contract? Don't you think rival coaches are using that big time against AU?

This late signing period is not a bust IMO. No we haven't signed anyone(yet) but anyone we sign in this late period would just be icing on the cake. The ingredients for a very good team in Barbee year 2 is in the oven baking already. That high performance, high maintenence car is not always the best buy on the lot even though it gets the most attention.

Yep.  We are suddenly no longer in the running.  I believe it has a lot to do with the belief that we can't get him qualified.

If he can't qualify at Auburn how can he qualify at Bama or Kentucky??

from what im hearing his final 3 is UK,KU,and Bama sorry boys we missed out on this one.this has been one terrible 2nd signing period we have missed out on alot of good players

The fact that top players are even considering Auburn Basketball is a victory.  The coaches deserve credit for bringing Auburn into the spotlight and we have brought in a good early signing class and will be markedly improved next season.

Having said that I do believe Barbee is the best recruiter Auburn has ever had so we are in good hands.  I highly doubt getting him qualified was a problem.

I have to agree.  I think the quality of recruits that are even giving us the time of day are way up with Barbee.  We are a major college in a major conference.  He has us in the mix and I love what he brings to the table.

:wedance:

Having said that I do believe Barbee is the best recruiter Auburn has ever had so we are in good hands.  I highly doubt getting him qualified was a problem.

I have to agree.  I think the quality of recruits that are even giving us the time of day are way up with Barbee.   We are a major college in a major conference.  He has us in the mix and I love what he brings to the table.

Once we show that we can compete at the elite level, and get the TV time of the other big programs, we will start raking in great talent.

I have to agree.  I think the quality of recruits that are even giving us the time of day are way up with Barbee.   We are a major college in a major conference.  He has us in the mix and I love what he brings to the table.

Once we show that we can compete at the elite level, and get the TV time of the other big programs, we will start raking in great talent.

No doubt about it.  I think he is doing a great job with what he has inherited though.  I think he will take us further than we have ever been.

i would like to see someone who does know answer this. if true isnt this part of what ctb was not happy about with auburn.

i would like to see someone who does know answer this. if true isnt this part of what ctb was not happy about with auburn.

Yes, he wasn't happy.  Both parties (Barbee and our compliance officials) have since come to an understanding on getting guys qualified and what we can and absolutely cannot (under any circumstances) do, from what I understand.  You can draw your own conclusions in this particular situation.

Yes, he wasn't happy.  Both parties (Barbee and our compliance officials) have since come to an understanding on getting guys qualified and what we can and absolutely cannot (under any circumstances) do, from what I understand.  You can draw your own conclusions in this particular situation.

Sounds sketchy... How can one athlete qualify at a SEC school but not another? I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Sounds sketchy... How can one athlete qualify at a SEC school but not another? I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Exactly.  He may still not qualify anywhere.  we'll just have to wait and see.

Bryan Matthews just tweeted that Trevor is in Auburn right now for an official.  Props to Barbee for at least getting him here....

Long shot or not, I'm glad to know Coach Barbee is gonna fight to the end. That kind of tenacity will begin to pay off as we improve our win/loss record.

WDE!

trevor played in an all star game in kentucky and played terrible kentucky fans started chanting "go to Kansas". he was 2-8 with a couple of air balls.this might help out Auburn alot.

He enjoyed his visit. Will announce his choice May 18 between AU, bama, Kentucky, Kansas and NC ST. His dad said the visit couldn't have gone better.

Archived