Trevor Lacey (updated 4/11/11 9:13 am cst)

waregl87

He enjoyed his visit. Will announce his choice May 18 between AU, bama, Kentucky, Kansas and NC ST. His dad said the visit couldn't have gone better.

So we are back in the running?

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He enjoyed his visit. Will announce his choice May 18 between AU, bama, Kentucky, Kansas and NC ST. His dad said the visit couldn't have gone better.

So we are back in the running?

id say so if his dad said that

I just read the update on him. He really seemed to enjoy his time on campus. He talked about being comfortable with the players because he's known a lot of them for a number of years. The coaching staff he also likes as well as the style of play. Things seem to be looking up but we still have some dogs to fight off for his John Hancock.

Yep.  Basically all was lost and the relationship has been rekindled.  I am honestly very surprised that the visit happened after everything that has gone down over the last few weeks.  It went well, though, and we're still in it.

As already reported Lacey announcing May 18 at 2 p.m. in the Butler High School library. He's visiting Kansas as we speak, and they may be the toughest competition IMO. Rumors came out that Lacey had REALLY cooled on the turds, but Lacey "somewhat" put that to rest saying that ua was "still right there." As someone else stated already, the fact that Doron Lamb announced he was returning SHOULD hurt Kentucky's chances a bit (he plays Lacey's same position), even though Lacey said that he's not afraid of the competition. On another note, Lacey says that he received his grades from his most recent ACT test, and that his grades improved and he should now have no trouble qualifying.

Fingers crossed still!  :we:

As already reported Lacey announcing May 18 at 2 p.m. in the Butler High School library. He's visiting Kansas as we speak, and they may be the toughest competition IMO. Rumors came out that Lacey had REALLY cooled on the turds, but Lacey "somewhat" put that to rest saying that ua was "still right there." As someone else stated already, the fact that Doron Lamb announced he was returning SHOULD hurt Kentucky's chances a bit (he plays Lacey's same position), even though Lacey said that he's not afraid of the competition. On another note, Lacey says that he received his grades from his most recent ACT test, and that his grades improved and he should now have no trouble qualifying.

Fingers crossed still!  :we:

thats good to hear about his grades i would be suprised if he doesnt go to kansas but i dont think we are out of it

I get a feeling Barbee is making it difficult for Lacey to turn AU down.  I like our chances with this one.  If not AU, then it's gotta be Rock Chalk I think.  Anything new over the weekend? 

I am still keeping my fingers crossed on this young man.  I think he will be special wherever he goes.  I just think with Barbee he will be a "cornerstone" player that defines a program. 

War Eagle!!

:wedance:

there was an article on scout saying that he loved his visit to kansas and how he loved the players the city and facilities at Kansas. its going to be tough to beat Kansas he really likes them

Regardless if CTB lands Lacey or not.. I like it that we're competing with the big dogs (UK and KU.. not the turds) of basketball for recruits.  It's also pretty cool to see guys from my area get nationally recruited  :hellyeah:

Pretty confident that he won't be at Auburn.. CTB battled and tried to stay in on Trevor but from my camp it doesn't sound like it was enough.

Come on Trevor.. Prove me wrong buddy.

I've got nothing against Trevor Lacy but would he provide us something that a healthy Frankie wouldn't?

Archived