Congrats to Draftees so far!

Dan Gamache and Casey McElroy both got drafted. Gamache was selected in 6th round as 182nd pick by the Pirates. Casey McElroy was picked in 11th round by San Diego Padres. Also Clay Holmes who is in the 2011 recruit class was also picked by Pirates in the 9th round. And Derek Varnadore was also drafted in 17th round by Marlins. He has already said he's coming back so let's hope he stays true to that! Anyway just thought I would share.  :we:

suprisingly Craig Shirley hasnt gotten drafted yet he was probably our best HS recruit

That's good news. We were hurt last year losing some guys to the draft that coulda helped out this year

Real surprised Gamache got drafted so high.  I'm hoping one of him and McElroy would be back.  Varnadore not being drafted until the 17th should seal it for him coming back for us.  If he was already planning on coming back I'd think it would take a pick in the first 10 rounds to change his mind.

Bradley Hendrix went in the 22nd round to Tampa, and Caldwell went in the 24th round to the Marlins.  Much easier to be happy for those guys as they've used up their eligibility  :)

Gamache is gone. Signed w/ the Pirates over the weekend. It's bittersweet for me because while it sucks to lose Gamache as an AU fan, I'm a big Pirates fan (in before jokes) and I'm stoked we signed Dan because good Lord people, ya'll know we need A LOT of help in Pittsburgh.

I think we (the Pirates) are heading the right direction, but I think we're still a couple years away from REALLY competing.

Here's to hoping a former AU stud can be a serviceable ML player with my Pirates!

Archived