Take it for what it's worth

TitanTiger

This is from the front page of the Drudge Report, so it is secondhand. Did anyone happen to watch the C-SPAN feed last night and catch this?

LOCKHART: DEBATE CONSENSUS A 'DRAW'

Unbeknownst to Kerry adviser Mike McCurry, a C-SPAN camera quietly followed McCurry as he found Kerry adviser Joe Lockhart on Spin Alley floor and asked him his impression of the debate. Lockhart candidly said to McCurry , “The consensus is it was a draw.”

Well, I'm not sure anyone could look at this thing objectively and come to the conclusion that Bush "killed" him in the debate. I love Bush and I believe he's the right man for the job, but even I saw that Bush didn't seem on his game last night.

Well, I'm not sure anyone could look at this thing objectively and come to the conclusion that Bush "killed" him in the debate.  I love Bush and I believe he's the right man for the job, but even I saw that Bush didn't seem on his game last night.

106625[/snapback]

Thats been my take all along. People have been blabbing on about how great he was, but I saw nothing new. Kerry did a masterful job of forcing GWB into the defensive role. That is NOT a role for an incumbent. Kerry had more substance to his debates than I expected, and Bush looked like he had just "crammed" five minutes before the big test.

For the record, I'm still voting for Bush.

Bush made Kerry look credible. To much on the defensive instead of pointing out Kerry's inexperience. I don't want Keey negotiating with North Korea on my behalf!

Bush made Kerry look credible. To much on the defensive instead of pointing out Kerry's inexperience. I don't want Keey negotiating with North Korea on my behalf!

106674[/snapback]

ChinaVol, I think you've got something in your eye!!! :blink:

I kind of already figured that Kerry would look better in the debate. Kerry has a record of being a good debater whereas debating is not one of the President's stong points. I think it was Hannity that said it best, "If you want to elect a good man for the debate team, then Kerry is your man, but if you want a good CIC, then that would have to go to Bush". Bottom line, a good debater is simply that -a good debater. That does not mean you have what it takes to be President. Heck, there are alot of good debaters on this board, but I would shiver at the thought of some of them for even running for president of the PTA. :lol:

Archived