Frost Injury

Lint

I've heard his injury resulted from a weight room incident.  Any insight into the validity of this?  Any particulars about the severity and prognosis?

WDE!

You're a little late.  He just had surgery yesterday, and the al.com article that just came out said he could possibly bounce back and still play this season, but I wouldn't hold my breath. 

If they cant get him until late in the season then I would think he'll redshirt...

If they cant get him until late in the season then I would think he'll redshirt...

That all depends on depth, I'm sure.

Well if depth holds up like I believe it will at LB then Frost will take a RS.

The coaches might decide to play him simply because he's completely ready, too, if he is. I mean, if we redshirt him and he leaves after his redshirt junior year because he's ready for the next level (which, with him, is highly probable), then we missed out on having him for the second half of this season for no reason.

Honestly, I say if he's good enough to play when he gets to being physically ready, meaning that he cracks the depth chart on his own merit, then he plays...provided that we aren't past the halfway point in the season. If he can only play 3 or 4 games, then no, but if he can play down the stretch and gain that valuable experience for any run we might make at the national championship in 2012 or 2013, then why not?

I agree if he'll be ready with 6 or so games left in the season but from what others have said he doesn't look to turn around that early.. If he's 100% then and has no discomfort in that shoulder then sure why not get him on the field but I still don't see that as being a likely option.

I've heard his injury resulted from a weight room incident.  Any insight into the validity of this?  Any particulars about the severity and prognosis?

WDE!

I took this question to be asking if there was any more information about how exactly the injury occurred in the weight room.

Of course, I have no information myself  :)

i must have missed the announcement that he is playing linebacker. the video i saw with frost, kiehl, gabe, and i think florence, kris seemed to indicate hes playing wr(at least wants to).

i must have missed the announcement that he is playing linebacker. the video i saw with frost, kiehl, gabe, and i think florence, kris seemed to indicate hes playing wr(at least wants to).

^ This is where he was supposed to start fall camp.  He did work the early summer at WR.  Although, most of the so called experts say he will be a LB. 

Well if depth holds up like I believe it will at LB then Frost will take a RS.

The coaches might decide to play him simply because he's completely ready, too, if he is. I mean, if we redshirt him and he leaves after his redshirt junior year because he's ready for the next level (which, with him, is highly probable), then we missed out on having him for the second half of this season for no reason.

Honestly, I say if he's good enough to play when he gets to being physically ready, meaning that he cracks the depth chart on his own merit, then he plays...provided that we aren't past the halfway point in the season. If he can only play 3 or 4 games, then no, but if he can play down the stretch and gain that valuable experience for any run we might make at the national championship in 2012 or 2013, then why not?

This^^^^

Excellent point that makes perfect sense to me because he is a premier athlete that barring significant injury or off the field troubles will most likely be headed to the NFL

:aufb:

No, in the earlier video he talked about WR, but the later video, I think number five in the series, he said he was starting out at linebacker.

Good news that he can make it back.  It was likely Arthroscopic surgery, minimally invasive.  With our S/C dept, he will get good physical therapy.  I'm sure he will help push the team along.

I would go ahead and reshirt this young man and give him a good long time to heal and be ready for the 2012 season. He will still have 4 years to make history as one of the best linebackers to ever wear the orange and blue.

WDE!

Doc

I would go ahead and reshirt this young man and give him a good long time to heal and be ready for the 2012 season. He will still have 4 years to make history as one of the best linebackers to ever wear the orange and blue.

WDE!

Doc

Here's the question you've gotta ask yourself: four years from now, where is Kris Frost going to be athletically? What are the odds that he will get significant playing time as a freshman, whether redshirt or not? And while there are several guys on the team now who fit that description, the cupboard is much more full now than when they did so, meaning it's that much bigger a deal. If he redshirts, then odds are he starts as a freshman, meaning he'll be a leader as a sophomore and a stud as a junior...will he stick around for his senior year? He'll graduate that year if he stays on pace, and with his measurables, he could easily be a first rounder.

So why not let him play half a year as a freshman? He's the kind of athlete that might well make it worthwhile.

Archived