Sheridan

AURandy1345162767

OK--he goes on these radio shows and talks about knowing who the "bagman" is, but says he's not going to reveal who it is for 2-3 weeks (kinda sounds like a former radio host in Huntsville who reportedly heard Cecil Newton's voice on a tape recording, even though he later confessed he had never heard Cecil Newton talk). What happens in 2-3 weeks that he's waiting until then? I believe the college football season doesn't start until a week or so after that, so he can't be waiting to drop this bomb to open the season. And, he says he wants to see if the "bagman" will reveal himself or is waiting to get the OK from the AU booster to reveal himself---Oh really? Can you hear it now: Yes, bagman, go ahead and reveal yourself and give them my name so I can become the most hated man in the entire history of Auburn University (well, next to Nick Saban, Paul Finebaum, and that idiot Shane from Center Point). I wonder if as long as there are questions going on about Alabama (T-Town Menswear, Brent Calloway, Cyrus K) there is going to be more mud flung at AU to deflect the potential mess in Tuscaloosa. We all know how much Finebaum loves Nick Saban. I would be willing to bet if the head coach were Shula or Price or whomever, HE would be beating the doors down on this story, not trying to wave it off like he's doing. Sheridan says he's 45/46 on guessing correctly about schools getting in NCAA trouble. I wonder how many of those cases were so obvious one would have to have been an idiot not to guess right on them? Man, all AU did last year was win, and it's eating these guys alive. THEY NEED TO GET A LIFE!!!!

I think Au burn needs to get their lawyer and file and send him a " cease and desist " letter and then sue his you-know-what off!  >:( >:(>:( >:(>:(

I think Au burn needs to get their lawyer and file and send him a " cease and desist " letter and then sue his you-know-what off!  >:( >:(>:( >:(>:(

While I do love this idea...its never works out. Just gets more people mad, which means more people slinging mud...like all things we have to take it on the chin and turn the cheek and wait for justice to slowly take effect. Now, sometimes we do stand up...i.e CGC saying hurry up to the NCAA! Suing almost never works out in this case

IMO. War Eagle!

Not winnable.  Now, when he comes out with names, then those people can sue the crap out of him. 

Not winnable.  Now, when he comes out with names, then those people can sue the crap out of him. 

Which is why he won't come out with any.

Besides the name being dropped on this board, I never heard of the Centerpoint guy nor do I hate or care about him. 

Yea. I know it's unwinnable, but........ What I would love to see is Congress get involved! They called for investagations as to why the NCAA doesn't have a play off system so the probably would like to know how the NCAA can be givivng ( excuse me, I mean a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend etc. etc. etc. ) mr shridan, an odds maker <-> bookie, inside info on college sports for 20 - 25 years!    I'm really supprised that the NCAA hasn't come out with a denial of sheridan's updyke verbage. :timeout: :timeout: :timeout: :timeout: :timeout:

You are kidding, right??  I think congress has a couple of bigger issues on their table right now.  Now if they would just get their jobs done we will be OK. 

Let the NCAA figure out who in their organization is feeding confidential info to an oddsmaker.  That is the biggest problem the NCAA is facing right now.   

Politics are not allowed at AE.

Which is why he won't come out with any.

Not that I believe any of this "bagman" stuff is true. Sheridan will not be sued, That would put the allegations in the courts and open up subpoena powers of the legal system. Only to drag this out for years. True or not, that would not be good for Auburn. JMO

Now that he has declared himself to be a journalist, he has an obligation to protect his sources.  Therefore, you should not expect any confirming source or names.  Just have to take his work for it.  That works for Schad so why not for DS?

OK--he goes on these radio shows and talks about knowing who the "bagman" is, but says he's not going to reveal who it is for 2-3 weeks (kinda sounds like a former radio host in Huntsville who reportedly heard Cecil Newton's voice on a tape recording, even though he later confessed he had never heard Cecil Newton talk). What happens in 2-3 weeks that he's waiting until then? I believe the college football season doesn't start until a week or so after that, so he can't be waiting to drop this bomb to open the season. And, he says he wants to see if the "bagman" will reveal himself or is waiting to get the OK from the AU booster to reveal himself---Oh really? Can you hear it now: Yes, bagman, go ahead and reveal yourself and give them my name so I can become the most hated man in the entire history of Auburn University (well, next to Nick Saban, Paul Finebaum, and that idiot Shane from Center Point). I wonder if as long as there are questions going on about Alabama (T-Town Menswear, Brent Calloway, Cyrus K) there is going to be more mud flung at AU to deflect the potential mess in Tuscaloosa. We all know how much Finebaum loves Nick Saban. I would be willing to bet if the head coach were Shula or Price or whomever, HE would be beating the doors down on this story, not trying to wave it off like he's doing. Sheridan says he's 45/46 on guessing correctly about schools getting in NCAA trouble. I wonder how many of those cases were so obvious one would have to have been an idiot not to guess right on them? Man, all AU did last year was win, and it's eating these guys alive. THEY NEED TO GET A LIFE!!!!

Well, I should hope so. He does have an inside guy at the NCAA. :-\

Well, I should hope so. He does have an inside guy at the NCAA. :-\

He's even wrong on that since there are at least two well documented cases that he missed completely - Albert Means and OSU.

Fwiw, Shane from Centerpoint is dying of cancer.  He is a bammer's bammer, but I wish that he gets better, and I can once again hate him with the furvor that he commanded before his health declined.  I am not a religious man, but I believe in something.  Consider this my prayer for Shane.

Fwiw, Shane from Centerpoint is dying of cancer.  He is a bammer's bammer, but I wish that he gets better, and I can once again hate him with the furvor that he commanded before his health declined.  I am not a religious man, but I believe in something.  Consider this my prayer for Shane.

^^^^This^^^^. I can't stand him, but this is absolutely tragic. I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy.

I didn't say I wanted Shane from Center Point to die. I am sorry that he has cancer and I feel for he and his family, and if you believe what has been said on the PF show, Finebaum is his brother-in-law; and, while I don't know him personally, if I did, we would NOT be friends due to his constantly downing AU during his calls to Finebaum. Has anyone ever heard him talk about this favorite team? I haven't. Even after Bama's championship year, all Shane could talk about when he called Finebaum was his hatred for AU.

Shane is another one of PF's Paid "stooges". I pray that his last days will be peaceful because he is right with the Lord.

I didn't say I wanted Shane from Center Point to die. I am sorry that he has cancer and I feel for he and his family, and if you believe what has been said on the PF show, Finebaum is his brother-in-law; and, while I don't know him personally, if I did, we would NOT be friends due to his constantly downing AU during his calls to Finebaum. Has anyone ever heard him talk about this favorite team? I haven't. Even after Bama's championship year, all Shane could talk about when he called Finebaum was his hatred for AU.

I feel for Shane's family, but Shane knew what he was doing everytime he bought a pack of smokes...the warning label is right on the pack.  It would be like feeling sorry for the Bahr for dying from scerosis of the liver after drinking so much liquer for decades.  We all know the dangers of excess...be it smoking, liquer, drugs, bad food, stress, idiot bammers, etc., etc.  If you play with cobras, one day one is going to spit in your eye.  As someone who grew up with Shane, I hate that he is sick.  Hope he gets better...moreover, I hope he has his priorities straight.  Its never too late to do that as long as you're here.  JMO.

I wouldn't wish his situation on anyone. Cancer is an awful thing. Let us hope that he has his priorities in order as he seems to be paying the ultimate price for smoking. The AU/ua rivalry is simply not that important when compared to these situations.

That being said, Shane is but a grain of sand in a desert of hatred for all things Auburn. Finebaum will have 10 people waiting in the wings to take his place. Finebaum is ultimately the problem.

Latest Tweet.. Looks like it is meant for DS

@CharlesRobinson Charles Robinson

"Tweeps. Other people (writers, oddsmakers, etc.) have no idea what we're working on. Remember: Loudest person in the room knows the least."

"Tweeps. Other people (writers, oddsmakers, etc.) have no idea what we're working on. Remember: Loudest person in the room knows the least."

:bow:

:bow:

:thumbsup::zapbama:

Archived