J Lee?

12au12

Is J Lee still writing for Rivals? Haven't seen any articles from him in a while. Did he ever follow up on his Brent Calloway article?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is J Lee still writing for Rivals? Haven't seen any articles from him in a while. Did he ever follow up on his Brent Calloway article?

He is still writing for Rivals, but no he hasn't said/written anything else about BC.

Beware of writers who tell you they know something big, but are going to tell you about it two weeks in the future.

In spite of what a lot of people say/believe, there is usually not some grand plan to drag it out for weeks or months.

Beware of writers who tell you they know something big, but are going to tell you about it two weeks in the future.

In spite of what a lot of people say/believe, there is usually not some grand plan to drag it out for weeks or months.

To include individuals like Bagman Sheridan;D

J. Lee (who works for Rivals, who is owned by Yahoo!) was just getting into the juicy stuff of his Brent Calloway article and then all of the sudden quit talking about it.  Clay Travis started getting into some of the TTown Menswear stuff and then quit writing about it and claimed a major news outlet is still working on a story related to what he had.  C. Robinson from Yahoo! claims to be working on a big expose about a perennial top 10 college team.  

I have no way of knowing if these things are related but......

JLee is our version of Scott Moore except to be fair JLee has a smidgen more credibility than Scott Moore.  If it is proven that JLee is credible I will gladly come on this (and any other) board and profoundly apologize to JLee. 

I actually believe there is something to the BC story, but JLee went forward with message board rumor and innuendo in order to gain his (and more importantly his website's) 15-minutes of fame without having documentable, verifiable proof of what he was yapping about on the radio.  In doing so, I think JLee hurt the probability of what really happened with BC seeing true light.

Until I hear more credible AU folks on the radio/in the news publically coming forward with this story, I am not holding my breath.

wde

JLee is our version of Scott Moore except to be fair JLee has a smidgen more credibility than Scott Moore.  If it is proven that JLee is credible I will gladly come on this (and any other) board and profoundly apologize to JLee. 

I actually believe there is something to the BC story, but JLee went forward with message board rumor and innuendo in order to gain his (and more importantly his website's) 15-minutes of fame without having documentable, verifiable proof of what he was yapping about on the radio.  In doing so, I think JLee hurt the probability of what really happened with BC seeing true light.

Until I hear more credible AU folks on the radio/in the news publically coming forward with this story, I am not holding my breath.

wde

Did it ever occur to you that what Lee was doing was NOT trying to gain 15 minutes of fame and was instead a shot across uat's bow in reaction to the 10 months of muck raking against AU that they have been doing? Whatever you may think, getting the Calloway story public, complete or not, was a GOOD thing for AU. uat needs to be put on notice that AU people are not going to sit around and just watch them make up rumors against us all day.

wde

Did it ever occur to you that what Lee was doing was NOT trying to gain 15 minutes of fame and was instead a shot across uat's bow in reaction to the 10 months of muck raking against AU that they have been doing? Whatever you may think, getting the Calloway story public, complete or not, was a GOOD thing for AU. uat needs to be put on notice that AU people are not going to sit around and just watch them make up rumors against us all day.

My problem is that JLee's jump the gun attention grab probably caused the BC story to lose credence in the name of publicity houndom.  I also expect more from our website mods, admins, etc in terms of not playing the bamaesque rumor mongering ala K. McNair/Scott Moore.  While it may be fun to see the toothless nation riled up for a week, it would be much more fun to me to see them nailed by the NCAA and in my opinion, what JLee did probably hindered that at least in terms of the BC story.

Like I said, if the NCAA nails Spuat in the BC story or Yahoo comes out with a bomb detailing the BC story and backing up what JLee said, I will gladly apologize to JLee publically.

wde

wde

My problem is that JLee's jump the gun attention grab probably caused the BC story to lose credence in the name of publicity houndom.  I also expect more from our website mods, admins, etc in terms of not playing the bamaesque rumor mongering ala K. McNair/Scott Moore.  While it may be fun to see the toothless nation riled up for a week, it would be much more fun to me to see them nailed by the NCAA and in my opinion, what JLee did probably hindered that at least in terms of the BC story.

Like I said, if the NCAA nails Spuat in the BC story or Yahoo comes out with a bomb detailing the BC story and backing up what JLee said, I will gladly apologize to JLee publically.

wde

The problem is that you are assuming that the NCAA/National Media was just about to run with this when JLee broke the news and ruined everything, and you are assuming that he did it for publicity. I don't think any of it would have EVER seen the light of day if JLee had not put it out there, and I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt and say that he did it to fight back against the publicity assault that AU was facing. Given ALL of the confirmed cheating that uat has been up to over the last couple of years (textbookgate, fishing cruises, laptops, ect), and the ridiculously light treatment that they have received from the NCAA and the likes of ESPN, what on earth makes you think that the NCAA and/or ESPN were about to be all over the Calloway story? JLee forced it into the open, at minimum. As things stand right now, Mal Moore and Nick Saban could sacrifice a virgin at high noon on the 50 yard line, and if the only people who saw it were NCAA officials and ESPN reporters, no one would ever hear about it.

If it was a shot across the bow as you say, it wasn't a very effective one.  The updykes haven't missed a beat in dreaming up more crap about AU since then.  If anything, they have probably been made more bold by the fact that one of our more respected beat writer/bloggers threw something out there that was totally and completely ignored by the mainstream media.

I don't believe that there ever was a creditable story. The only reason this story won't die is because some of us wants so bad for it to be true.

I don't believe that there ever was a creditable story. The only reason this story won't die is because some of us wants so bad for it to be true.

We can choose to believe what we want to believe.  I have a hard time understanding why a respected credible journalist/blogger like J Lee would put it all on the line with nothing to back up his story. 

I choose to believe there is more.

I've spoken to someone who talked directly with Russellville coaches, and they confirmed what JLee said is true.  They said they have no evidence of it, however.  (this was 2-3 months ago that I had that conversation).

Why they don't consider their knowledge proof enough, I didn't ask.

I think Yahoo Sports has shut them all down from going public with anything because they, Yahoo Sports, want to get all the ducks in a row before the unleashing of the dogs of war against BAMMER corruption.

JMHO

I've spoken to someone who talked directly with Russellville coaches, and they confirmed what JLee said is true.  They said they have no evidence of it, however.  (this was 2-3 months ago that I had that conversation).

Why they don't consider their knowledge proof enough, I didn't ask.

Doesn't testimony count? The fact is, those coaches testifying to what happened will bring the rath of the REC down on them and their destruction would follow.

Doesn't testimony count? The fact is, those coaches testifying to what happened will bring the rath of the REC down on them and their destruction would follow.

That's what I would think.  I guess they don't want to risk their jobs and have their credibility shot down by a bunch of bama lawyers and judges in this state.

That's what I would think.  I guess they don't want to risk their jobs and have their credibility shot down by a bunch of bama lawyers and judges in this state.

Ever heard of the Steve Savarese-run AHSAA? If you don't know anything about Savarese, ask Coach Dye.

Ever heard of the Steve Savarese-run AHSAA? If you don't know anything about Savarese, ask Coach Dye.

Sorry but Coach Dye is not on my speed dial...who is this character and why should I be asking Dye?

Archived