J Lee?

12au12

Doesn't testimony count? The fact is, those coaches testifying to what happened will bring the rath of the REC down on them and their destruction would follow.

That's what I would think.  I guess they don't want to risk their jobs and have their credibility shot down by a bunch of bama lawyers and judges in this state.

I would also think that those coaches would not want to burn any bridges with either top college in the state, uat or AU ~ they have top rated college prospects that they coach, they want their players to get as much attention as possible, which results in a strong program and results in their own job security. 

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doesn't testimony count? The fact is, those coaches testifying to what happened will bring the rath of the REC down on them and their destruction would follow.

That's what I would think.  I guess they don't want to risk their jobs and have their credibility shot down by a bunch of bama lawyers and judges in this state.

Ever heard of the Steve Savarese-run AHSAA? If you don't know anything about Savarese, ask Coach Dye.

Sorry but Coach Dye is not on my speed dial...who is this character and why should I be asking Dye?

What character?

Ever heard of the Steve Savarese-run AHSAA? If you don't know anything about Savarese, ask Coach Dye.

Sorry but Coach Dye is not on my speed dial...who is this character and why should I be asking Dye?

What character?

I think he's asking about Steve Savarese.

Savarese is the ex-coach of several 6A schools in Alabama. He's presently the Executive Director of the Alabama High School Athletic Association. Coach Dye openly questioned why all of Savarese's best players always ended up at UAT. If I remember correctly, Dye referred to him as an SOB.

Savarese is the ex-coach of several 6A schools in Alabama. He's presently the Executive Director of the Alabama High School Athletic Association. Coach Dye openly questioned why all of Savarese's best players always ended up at UAT. If I remember correctly, Dye referred to him as an SOB.

I love coach Dye!  He was and still is the "FACE" of AUBURN football to me.

He taught us to stand up and say, "We're mad as HELL and we're not gonna take it any more!!!"

He taught us to stand up and say, "We're mad as HELL and we're not gonna take it any more!!!"

I thought that was Twisted Sister??  ;D

Here you go . . .

FWIW I think Lee's inner hommer got the better of him with the Calloway story.  Regardless of whether there was truth to the story or not he didn't have enough evidence to back it up (even to the point of the TTown Mensware story which showed half the proof needed but is relying on assumptions to connect the dots).  With that said though, I will give the guy credit for having the decency to shut up about it when he realized he wasn't going to be able to add any further evidence to the story.  It would have been very easy for him to act like Danny Sheridan doing a "HEY! HEY!!! LOOK AT ME!!!! I NEED AAAAATTEEEEEEENNNNNNTTTTTTTIIIIIOOOONNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Now I know...Thanks! :)

OK, no problem, but next time please take a little of the edge off. :we:

Maybe Lee was pullijng a "Sheridan" and jumped ahead of himself without proof.  But it is also possible he is carefully helping others collect real proof to back up his claims.  His site is owned by the same people who just broke the "10" story on the U.  They spent almost a year and dug really deep to hammer the U.  Maybe they are now doing the same thing on the BC deal.  Time will tell.

If he was a "Sheridan" then shame on him for stooping to the Updyke level.  However, if he is pulling a Charles Robinson (who tweeted numerous times he had a "10" before the story broke) then more power to him! :we:

and hey...knowing IS half the battle!!!

So if knowing is half the battle, what's the other half?

Applying that knowledge.

Applying that knowledge.

Sorry no room in my knowledge base for a high school athletic association director that sounds like an a$$hole...I should have tried to call Coach Dye in the first place.

Explosions.

sheridan failed to give a name for fear of lawsuit. jlee gave names and has not been sued. obvious logic? one has proof the other is just spreading an unfounded rumor at best, lying at worst. i think jlee wants to be sued.

sheridan failed to give a name for fear of lawsuit. jlee gave names and has not been sued. obvious logic? one has proof the other is just spreading an unfounded rumor at best, lying at worst. i think jlee wants to be sued.

The difference is, it has been proven that 90% of what JLee said was true.

Red and blue lasers.

It doesn't matter if what he said it true or not, he is protected by law. He doesn't have to name his sources because he is protected by law.

He is liar, self-promoter, and a general waster of space.

It doesn't matter if what he said it true or not, he is protected by law. He doesn't have to name his sources because he is protected by law.

lee or sheridan...if you are talking about sheridan,i agree....if its lee,whoa,wait a minute.....he has the situation in russelville nailed

lee or sheridan...if you are talking about sheridan,i agree....if its lee,whoa,wait a minute.....he has the situation in russelville nailed

I see them as very similar. Both promised to have something and to deliver it in the future and neither did. Both still claim to have it nailed, but neither have shown it.

I do see one difference, even if Sheridan revealed a name, by his own admission, it is ONLY the name of someone the NCAA considers and/or once considered a suspect. Sheridan NEVER promised to deliver the name of the person who WAS the bagman, or to have any evidence that there was really a bagman. He only promised the name of the person the NCAA suspects/suspected was the Bagman.

Sheridan also said that the NCAA believed that the only way it could be proven that is if the Bagman himself confessed. Bottom line, there was NO BAGMAN, only a suspect of which the NCAA admittedly has no proof.

My hunch is that Sheridan has the name of a dead end that the NCAA investigated and he probably got it from the rival fan who reported it (or made the anon call) to the NCAA.  Much ado about NOTHING.

Right now, regardless of whom they are speaking of, Sheridan and Lee have equal credibility with me, only slightly above that of SBB.

Archived