Jeff Whitaker=Beast

AUnCullman

Gabe Wright = beast as well.....If I'm not mistaken, I read somewhere he is grouped with the 1st string.

Like I've said many times... The report I got on Whittaker during spring training is he isn't quite Fairley yet, but watch out cause he's an absolute beast and will reach that level before he leaves.

Not Fairley yet?  I don't think he is senior-year Blanc or Clayton yet.  I believe he will be a great one soon though.

for no particular reason, i have always had the impression he was a NG type, double team eating run stopper ... he will completely own the middle of the line, but not necessarily a pass rush type DL ... felt like his presence will allow our DE to return to pass rushing while he clogs the middle ... any validity to my assumption?

I totally agree.....He and Nick have two totally different playing styles IMO...But I agree , he will be a good one before he's gone.

for no particular reason, i have always had the impression he was a NG type, double team eating run stopper ... he will completely own the middle of the line, but not necessarily a pass rush type DL ... felt like his precense will allow our DE to return to pass rushing while he clogs the middle ... any validity to my assumption?

Definitely agree, he is more of a bullrush lineman but I can see him pushing a guard right into the QB. Fairley would just beat you off the snap and run by you. Is it just me or does Gabe Wright look like hes about 340lbs??

Not Fairley yet?  I don't think he is senior-year Blanc or Clayton yet.  I believe he will be a great one soon though.

Different comparison. Blanc and Clayton were solid players who built themselves into being SEC starting-caliber defensive linemen by learning perfect technique and working super hard. Fairley was a freak. Whitaker is a freak.

What that means is that he won't be as consistent, but he's going to make some of the same kind of jaw dropping plays Fairley did, and before long he'll be virtually unblockable.

My first impression when I saw him in street clothes after we signed him was that he was a full grown man.  Putting him in our Yox program under our coaching staff will be scary.  It will be interesting to see the quickness, I think that separated Nick from others.

Archived