Beat Writers' Notes and Observations on AU vs Utah State Game

Elephant Tipper

Agree with Tate on all points. Not afraid to call it like it is, gives praise and criticism where it is due. Could not agree more with his assessment of Bates.

• Daren Bates. Missed a bunch of tackles again. He’s now a junior. There are no more excuses

I'm pretty sure our coaches will read all the posts by Tate, etc before practice today so they will know what to work on for MSU.  Most of these bloggers are so much smarter than the average SEC coach it's just amazing.  Their phones probably start ringing right after the games with calls from Nick and Chiz asking what they problems they saw inthe game and looking for advice on the game plan for next week.    I expect Nick was told that he needed to have his QBs cut down on interceptions for example.  The analytical skills of these sports hacks are astounding.  ;)

I think the 1 thing our fans  r  upset about over our d-fence is we r known  4 an attacking style d-fence.Since t-roof has been dc we have been a wait then re-act d-fence. Coming from a former db, "I Would B Highly Pissed" If I Could Not Play Pressed Coverage On A W.R., there is a certain amount of pride to db"s when the ball is n the air.We Love INT"s!!!  "Attention Ted Roof!!" Auburn Has Always Been Known As A Physical, Attacking Style Team! Please Let Auburn Do What We Have Been Known 2 Do......INTIMIDATE!!!!!

I'm pretty sure our coaches will read all the posts by Tate, etc before practice today so they will know what to work on for MSU.   Most of these bloggers are so much smarter than the average SEC coach it's just amazing.  Their phones probably start ringing right after the games with calls from Nick and Chiz asking what they problems they saw inthe game and looking for advice on the game plan for next week.    I expect Nick was told that he needed to have his QBs cut down on interceptions for example.   The analytical skills of these sports hacks are astounding.   ;)

I thought Tate's analysis on AU was pretty spot-on.  We have a lot of improvement to make this week, both on fundamentals and technique.  Every coach on the staff knows this though.  We'll see if improvement is made, as MSU will be a much tougher team to play Saturday morning.

Archived