Barnhart and Durham today on Best Coaches in College Football

JFDTiger80

I was listening to Barnhart and Durham today on my way to a meeting. They were asked to name the best coaches in college football today regardless of the money they were being paid.

The first coach mentioned was Saban. Second was Stoops.

Then they said the best job so far this season may have to go to Chizik and his staff for all they have done with our team in the light of us losing such important starters from our National Championship team.

It was nice to hear that on a Friday. I thought I would make sure everyone knew that some people are recognizing a job well done at AU! War Eagle!

I was listening to Barnhart and Durham today on my way to a meeting. They were asked to name the best coaches in college football today regardless of the money they were being paid.

The first coach mentioned was Saban. Second was Stoops.

Then they said the best job so far this season may have to go to Chizik and his staff for all they have done with our team in the light of us losing such important starters from our National Championship team.

It was nice to hear that on a Friday. I thought I would make sure everyone knew that some people are recognizing a job well done at AU! War Eagle!

I also heard Tom Luginbill say the same thing the other day about CGC and the AU staff.  He said it is amazing what our coaches have been able to accomplish this year.

i also give a great deal of credit to the auburn coaching staff ... but isnt it interesting that when referencing great coaches, they cant just say chizik ... it has to include "and staff"

just a point to ponder

I'm surprised Barnhart took his lips off of saban's fanny cheeks long enough to say anything about anything. Barnhart has a grade school crush on the world's tallest midget.

i also give a great deal of credit to the auburn coaching staff ... but isnt it interesting that when referencing great coaches, they cant just say chizik ... it has to include "and staff"

just a point to ponder

To some degree I think that's by design...Chizik's design. He came in and orchestrated the team atmosphere from day 1. He hasn't demanded all the credit, like some other coaches we know, but rather has been very fair about how much everyone on the staff does. This is a big reason we've kept virtually the same staff together for three years, and why I think we will continue to see loyalty to Chizik in the future. I expect Gus to stick around until the right job comes open and available, and I'm not so sure that the right job will be available for at least another year or two. As such, I think we're going to get to see Malzahn's offense in action for at least one more season...and I think we're all going to be blown away by next year, when it's virtually all players who have played for him their entire college career.

just a point to ponder

Chizik has a damn good staff, so IMO they should be mentioned when recognizing Coach Chizik.  He's no dicator that should reap all the praise for what inevitably takes a "staff" to accomplish.  I love that folks realize that Coach Chizik and his Staff have done a wonderful job while at AU.

just a point to ponder

Chizik has a damn good staff, so IMO they should be mentioned when recognizing Coach Chizik.  He's no dicator that should reap all the praise for what inevitably takes a "staff" to accomplish.  I love that folks realize that Coach Chizik and his Staff have done a wonderful job while at AU.

No coach can do it alone...they all have to have not good, but great assistant coaches around them.  Everyone should take a look at the assistant coahes that both CPD and the bahr had around them...it would astound you.  Those who think that the head coach does everything are delusional...or bammer fans.  Of course they are identical!

just a point to ponder

To some degree I think that's by design...Chizik's design. He came in and orchestrated the team atmosphere from day 1. He hasn't demanded all the credit, like some other coaches we know, but rather has been very fair about how much everyone on the staff does. This is a big reason we've kept virtually the same staff together for three years, and why I think we will continue to see loyalty to Chizik in the future. I expect Gus to stick around until the right job comes open and available, and I'm not so sure that the right job will be available for at least another year or two. As such, I think we're going to get to see Malzahn's offense in action for at least one more season...and I think we're all going to be blown away by next year, when it's virtually all players who have played for him their entire college career.

I agree and Dan Patrick has been talking up Coach Chizik all year for the job he has done.  His audience is national and goes a long way.

Archived