Meeting the team last night

AUnMS

My son and I stayed to see the team onto the bus last night.  It's the first time that we've done that.  I was shocked and surprised that we(fans) don't applaud as our players come out of the locker room and get onto the bus.  Although our team lost, they played their butt off.  Sure, I could have stood there and clapped by myself and maybe I should have.  :dunno:

Its kind of hard to blame the fans here in my opinion. It's a long and potentially expensive trip down to BR for the fans, and needless to say our team didn't perform up to par on Saturday. As long as our fans weren't booing them or anything then I don't think its too big of a deal.

The players know we'll fill up most of the stadium to cheer them on this next Sat.

I would imagine our losing has nothing to do with folks not clapping and cheering the team as they get on the bus. I mean, you are a pretty die-hard AU Tiger to be at that game anyways imo and my hat is off to the folks who went. Do our fans normally cheer for the team as they board the bus at away games? I have no idea, that's why I ask.

Everyone can makeup for it saturday afternoon at Tigerwalk. This team has been pounded a bit but it was by 3 Top Ten BCS teams with a combined 22-1 record this year. If this squad can stay focused and continue to improve they WILL be the ones POUNDING soon enough.

:wareagle:

Time to get Bowl Eligible against Ole Miss  :party:

:tdau: DARE to DEFEND Jordan-HARE  :tdau:

2004 Iron Bowl, I was at the game and stayed around to see the team get on the bus. This team had just finished the regular season undefeated. Guess what, the team was not applauded. Don't try to see something that really isn't there to see.

2004 Iron Bowl, I was at the game and stayed around to see the team get on the bus. This team had just finished the regular season undefeated. Guess what, the team was not applauded. Don't try to see something that really isn't there to see.

That was a miserable, rainy game. I was 10 when I went and I actually thought Tuscaloosa was like that all the time for like 4 years.

Archived