War Eagle!

tigersauburn217

I just want to say War Eagle! Have our tigers played fantastically in each game this year? No. But that's ok. Not every year is going to be an undefeated season or contending for a championship. All I look for is that they win the games they should and maybe one they shouldn't.

If we looked back and paused with 5 minutes left of the Utah State game and stated Auburn would win at least 7 games during the regular season, I would like to think we would all be thrilled to know that and would be praising the coaches for a miraculous turn around.

This team is not as great as last years, but they have won every game they were supposed to and a game or two they perhaps "should not have." What else can you ask for? Sure we all would like to think our Tigers could win every game and in our hearts there is probably no game where we give our boys zero chance.

Our staff brought us a National Championship and for that I am extremely grateful. Sure Cam Newton and Nick Fairley had a big part in that, but our coaches still had to put it all together. Say what you want about specific coaches, but I think they have done a great job this year. Best coaches in the country? Maybe not each weekend, but to take this young of a team and lead them to be the 6th best team in the best conference aint too shabby if you ask me. I'm willing to give them each another year and never hesitated on that. Why? Because they gave me the joy I have been seeking and they did exactly what they were expected to do this year and then some. Some coaches may have shown some improvement and/or digressed during the season, but seeing that our staff didn't lose a game it wasn't supposed to lose, they did their job and then some in my opinion.

Would I put money on Auburn beating Alabama in two weeks? No. But something tells me that they have a great shot. Sure, Bama is more talented in most areas. But I just have a feeling this game has an underrated Auburn win written all over it. Much like the 2009 Iron Bowl (yes I realize Auburn lost, but it was close). Or the 2007 Florida game. Get whooped / lose a game and have everyone down and have nobody, even your own fans, expect a win. Come out and surprise everyone. This team has played well at home and Bama is not invincible. Chizik realizes how big this game is. Don't count them out. I see our defense stopping Trent, just like they took out Ingram two years ago.

I realize this was long, but I'm all in. This season has been fine. It has met or exceeded most of our realistic expectations. I know I was looking at 6 or 7. And it's not over yet. And here is to next season when we have most of the team returning and a much more favorable (home) schedule.

Again, go back to 5 minutes left in the Utah State game. If I told you we would win at least 7 games during the regular season, what would your thoughts have been? Give our boys and our staff a break. I think they deserve it.

War Eagle!

Thanks for the post.  I agree, and coming from the days of Doug Barfield I have seen good times and not so good times.  I think that we have exceeded our expectations this year and am proud of that.  We have lost to 4 teams that are ranked in the top 14 and have 4 losses combined.  It hurts to lose like we did in those games, but I expect much better things in the future.  This team has the capability to develop the 'family spirit' just like last years team. 

WAR EAGLE!

Archived