Vandy Tennessee

tigersauburn217

I am quite interested in this game. Vandy had a 21-14 lead and thanks to a roughing the kicker penalty, UT was able to tie it up at 21 at the moment.

Why am I interested in this game? Vandy and Florida are the only two teams that can win 7 games and thus possibly send Auburn to a bowl worse than the Chick-Fil-A. If Clemson loses to VT, Chick-Fil-A will probably take them. They may not want Auburn for a rematch and may try to pick another 7 win team if possible. Those options are only Vandy if they win tonight and against Wake and Florida if they beat FSU.

What an exciting and interesting finish.

My thoughts on the last play of the game:

1. Has an OT ever ended as a result of Pick 6 or Fumble Recovery for TD?

2. More importantly, the replay officials got it right. Obviously the kid never had his knee touch the ground, but they did the right thing in not taking into account the blown whistle. I thought they would reverse the call stating the knee was not down, but that the whistle blew and therefore the TD didn't count. Obviously the whistle had no effect on the play and I am not sure of the rule with a blown whistle (I thought the play would be ruled dead and unable to advance the ball), so the replay officials made the right call. Perhaps the replay officials don't have sound and therefore didn't consider that. Very interesting, yet very controversial, but the correct call regardless of what the rule is was made. And that I applaud.

Yea Yea Yea, Franklin has really turned them around. Franklin really has the "fanbase" (not that they really have one) excited. Yada Yada yada

Vandy is Vandy is Vandy is Vandy. The faces of the head coaches change but everything else remains the same. While we're at it, let's not forget that they had a pass go all the way to the 1 yard line only to be called back because of a dirty clip called against one the dirtiest cheap shot artists in football. He was the same one that dove into the back of a d-lineman's legs in their game with Georgia. That guy helped cost them this game.

Vandy is Vandy is Vandy is Vandy

2. More importantly, the replay officials got it right. Obviously the kid never had his knee touch the ground, but they did the right thing in not taking into account the blown whistle. I thought they would reverse the call stating the knee was not down, but that the whistle blew and therefore the TD didn't count. Obviously the whistle had no effect on the play and I am not sure of the rule with a blown whistle (I thought the play would be ruled dead and unable to advance the ball), so the replay officials made the right call. Perhaps the replay officials don't have sound and therefore didn't consider that. Very interesting, yet very controversial, but the correct call regardless of what the rule is was made. And that I applaud.

Before he went to talk to the replay official the ref pointed out that the whistle had not blown.

Before he went to talk to the replay official the ref pointed out that the whistle had not blown.

He did say that, but he was wrong. In the replay, it clearly was blown.

Archived