Rumor on BSPB board

wdeexit310

My sources say that meyer is looking hard at the OC at LSU. They have ties together from back in Meyer's early days of coaching and also, the OC is from Ohio. I think he's just waiting for the national championship in January to seek permission to talk with him.

CGM would be taking a step backwards if he were to take the HC job at kansas. Besides the year when mangini had success, that program was the Vandy of the SEC in the Big 12.

I believe that CGM wants to coach these kids he helped recruit, and try to get back to the NC next year, but in all likely hood, probably the year after that.

If Gus wants to be a head coach, then Kansas or North Carolina or even Ole Miss would be a good starting point. Your not going start at the top of the ladder.

My sources say that meyer is looking hard at the OC at LSU. They have ties together from back in Meyer's early days of coaching and also, the OC is from Ohio. I think he's just waiting for the national championship in January to seek permission to talk with him.

CGM would be taking a step backwards if he were to take the HC job at kansas. Besides the year when mangini had success, that program was the Vandy of the SEC in the Big 12.

I believe that CGM wants to coach these kids he helped recruit, and try to get back to the NC next year, but in all likely hood, probably the year after that.

Studrawa?

If Gus wants to be a head coach, then Kansas or North Carolina or even Ole Miss would be a good starting point. Your not going start at the top of the ladder.

Disagree.  Kansas football is in the same category as Iowa State.

Disagree.  Kansas football is in the same category as Iowa State.

Kansas does not spend the money they should on their football program. They are like Kentucky. Both would like to have a quality football team, but b-ball is king.

Decisions, decisions....  Stay at LSU after going undefeated and playing for the NC with all of LSU's returning players + Mettenberger as your QB.  Or, leaving LSU to go coach at OSU and run a jackasses (Meyer's) offense while under NCAA sanctions???  Would be an easy decision for me, I'd probably stay at LSU and shoot for getting back to the NC game in 2012.

But at least you can start somewhere in the middle...these^^^are rock bottom in their conferences with exception of UNC...it is only higher than Duke!

But at least you can start somewhere in the middle...these^^^are rock bottom in their conferences with exception of UNC...it is only higher than Duke!

A4E is right. Start somewhere show you can take the lumps and build a winning product. Saban started at Toledo, Meyer at Bowling Green, and of course Chizik at Iowa State.

A4E is right. Start somewhere show you can take the lumps and build a winning product. Saban started at Toledo, Meyer at Bowling Green, and of course Chizik at Iowa State.

OK...let's explore your premise a little.  Under your's and A4E's logic, he should have taken the Vandy job last year.  I mean where else can you take your lumps while building a "winning" program, right?  Name one former Vandy coach that used that job as a stepping stone?  Or Kansas?  Or UNC with the exception of Mac Brown?  Tommy Tubberville is the only one from Ole Miss to pull that off.  Name another.

You can win at UNC.  It takes a great coach to win and keep winning at Kansas or Ole Miss.  Just too much competition.  (Apparently, Mangino was a great coach.)  UNC has resources and it's not too hard to turn things around in that conference.

OK...let's explore your premise a little.  Under your's and A4E's logic, he should have taken the Vandy job last year.  I mean where else can you take your lumps while building a "winning" program, right?  Name one former Vandy coach that used that job as a stepping stone?  Or Kansas?  Or UNC with the exception of Mac Brown?  Tommy Tubberville is the only one from Ole Miss to pull that off.  Name another.

Steve Sloan started at Vandy. Unfortunately he jumped out of the frying pan into the fire and ended up later coaching at BOTH OLE Miss AND Duke.

Then there was the guy who left Vandy to become head coach at LSU, I forget his name.

James Franklin may have a nice pay day down the road for taking the Vandy job. I never said a winning program although it helps. I said winning product and I believe there is a difference. A head coaching job is a large challenge, not for wimps. Jerry DiNardo used Vandy to LSU.

Steve Sloan started at Vandy. Unfortunately he jumped out of the frying pan into the fire and ended up later coaching at BOTH OLE Miss AND Duke.

Then there was the guy who left Vandy to become head coach at LSU, I forget his name.

Gerry DiNardo?

Gerry DiNardo?

Yes, that was his name.  I wonder if Vandy ever got their money back from him, they sued him for breach of contract.

He started at Vandy and eventually parlayed that into a HC job in the NFL. He was HC of the Birmingham Thunderbolts,  Wait, I think that might have been the  XFL, I get the two confused sometimes.

Gerry DiNardo?

Yes, that was his name.  I wonder if Vandy ever got their money back from him, they sued him for breach of contract.

He started at Vandy and eventually parlayed that into a HC job in the NFL. He was HC of the Birmingham Thunderbolts,  Wait, I think that might have been the  XFL, I get the two confused sometimes.

I don't remember him going to the XFL.  I know he ended up coaching at a school in the Big Ten (Indiana, maybe) before he finally got canned.  He now works as an analyst for the Big Ten network.

Yes he coached the Thunderbolts of the XFL. The Qbs for that team was Jay "Sara Evans" Barker(got hurt) and Casey Weldon. A LB for them was no other than James "Benedict Arnold" Willis.

Archived