Coach Barbee on Birmingham radio now

JwgreDeux

Will try to summarize:

1. no ugly wins, grind it out yes, best defense will usually win.

2. schedule is back loaded to allow Noel Johnson to play as many as possible, he got injured but hope to have him by Saturday, at latest for the Hawaii trip

3. talking about how the roster is different this season, different team from last year, talking about the transfers and the changes returning players made.

4. Ward and Sulivan coming back from injuries nicely, and should be good to go, not 100%, lower leg injury (i guess ankles), only had a practice or two before last night, so they didn't start.

5. Several guys who aren't 100 percent will really add to the team and we will be able to be full strength for the first time.

6. the Jungle has been great, to be a top 20 program, we need the top 20 student section, all of our home games have been sold out and it's been great.  We need the season ticket holders to come, but when the students are packed in there its a great atmosphere

7. student section is part of the team, their performance will be held accountable, just like my players will

8. the facility is great, beautiful, from the practice facility to the actual arena, great for recruiting.  Facilities is huge, shows kids Auburn's commitment, state of the art all the way around.

9. fight at Cincy v. X bad for sport, but when is the last time we saw this, it's been a while.  The suspension rules seem to have worked and kept the game clean.  That game is different because of the cross town rivalry, heated situation, crossed the line and got out of hand.  We talk about all scenerios and I always tell my guys, to protect themselves but never to throw a punch.  Bigger man walks away, we work all situations, have to prepare your players, bench coaches, everyone stay on the sideline.

The interview will be uploaded to this link some time tonight if you want to hear the entire interview.

http://www.973thezone.com/s/av/ 

Scroll down to Baribeau and Scarbo.  There is also a good interview with Kodi Burns from yesterday.

Archived