Bo's Statue....

JHarry85

Ok, correct me if I am wrong but I was near the front of the crowd at the Heisman Statue ceremony and took some pretty good pics but it looked like to me that they put a #1 on Bo's jersey instead of the #34 he should have........any ideas why????

:wedance:

Good point, I heard several people in the crowd making comments.  In my opinion I think Pats probably looked the best, Bo's would have been pretty good except for the obvious jersey # being wrong, people were saying Cam's head looked a bit out of proportion but other than that, I guess they looked pretty good.  Still proud of them, but I just don't see how something so obvious as a jersey # can be goofed up.

:wedance:

I thought they looked great. Fans on other Auburn boards are talking about how good they look. This is the first I've seen complaints.

Guess you can't make everybody happy.

I wasn't at A-day so obviously have not seen them in person, but from the pics I saw I thought they looked pretty darn good.  I thought Pat's was incredibly accurate and I love how the number are slightly in a gold color (from what it looks like).

The only thing I thought should have been different was Cam should have at that Crest commercial smile beaming on his  ;D

I think the statues look terrible

I wouldn't say they look terrible but I think they could have been much better. Pat Sullivan looks good. But from the pictures I saw Cam looks like a mutant, like too big in the upper body. And something about Bo just doesn't seem right. Maybe its the head without a helmet that makes them seem weird. Idk. I wasn't around when Sullivan was playing(or Bo) but I'm used to seeing that pic of him and beasley on the bench with their helmets off. I guess that's why his doesn't look abnormal to me.

You guys are a bunch of cry babies...all the statues look great to me. I have pictures of all of them on my phone and they all seem to be designed to make the heisman winners look like supermen. Imagine that.  Waaaa!  :'(

You guys are a bunch of cry babies...all the statues look great to me. I have pictures of all of them on my phone and they all seem to be designed to make the heirs an winners look like supermen. Imagine that.  Waaaa!  :'(

:laugh:

I think the statues look terrible

I wouldn't say they look terrible but I think they could have been much better. Pat Sullivan looks good. But from the pictures I saw Cam looks like a mutant, like too big in the upper body. And something about Bo just doesn't seem right. Maybe its the head without a helmet that makes them seem weird. Idk. I wasn't around when Sullivan was playing(or Bo) but I'm used to seeing that pic of him and beasley on the bench with their helmets off. I guess that's why his doesn't look abnormal to me.

But wait...I think Cam IS a mutant, so that was pretty acurate.

Cam's head seems way too small for the body. I really don't get having the John Heisman bust out there either, but oh well. I just hope everyone doesn't start yelling about not having defensive players, basketball players etc. and ending up with statues everywhere you look.

Cam's head seems way too small for the body. I really don't get having the John Heisman bust out there either, but oh well. I just hope everyone doesn't start yelling about not having defensive players, basketball players etc. and ending up with statues everywhere you look.

I mean I do think we should have a Tracy Rocker, Carlos Rogers, Big Nick Fairley and Coach Shug Jordan...and maybe a Pat Dye too.

I think they should keep the full sized statues to Heisman winners. Maybe displaying a bust of someone would be better suited for players/coaches mentioned above.  :dunno:

I really don't get having the John Heisman bust out there either, but oh well.

Auburn has something other schools and programs do not. We may not have the most # of Heisman winners, but we Are Heisman U given that Auburn is the only Heisman coached school to produce one... let alone 3.... & 2 of the most recognizable at that. With these statues and the bust of Heisman we just took ownership of the brand that was already in place and now everytime a camera crew pans a shot of these during a homegame every fan, foe, bammer, broadcaster, potential recruit, etc will be reminded of that.

WDE

I'm not too sore about them, but honestly as a whole they aren't very good. I think most people that are making fun of those with this opinion were probably some of the first to shove a bammer's nose in the ugliness of the Saban statue, and don't want to taste their own foot in their mouth.  I was with a group of friends, and we all saw the statues separately. It was unanimous: Sully was actually pretty good, Cam was decent but didn't really look like Cam, and Bo's was just awful. He had thin lips that poked way out for some reason.  

I am not and was not a fan of the statue thing in general.  I also think it is hard to make a statue of a person "look right" to everyone.  That being said and this is relative, but I think Sully's looked the best.

wde

They are going to tend to look a little off at first look because they are in football game poses without helmets, so right off the bat they don't look realistic.  But they get the job done and look fine by me. 

While I think the statues look great, I would prefer no statues at all.  Football is a TEAM SPORT. 

I like them. I'm not sure about this but they look more like a Pat, Bo, and Cam version of the Heisman trophy, which is really cool when keeping with the Heisman theme along with the John Heisman bust.

Archived