Auburn vs South Carolina Game 2

There are many glaring problems I see with this team. The main one is a lack of talent. If you take off the O&B glasses for a second and just look a this team top to bottom it's not the most talented. If you don't have the talent you have to have coaches that have the ability to develop talent. This is where I have my biggest problem with JP. Granted I'm not at practice everyday and I don't know what he's doing to try and make our guys better. There is one thing I do know, it isn't working.

There are many glaring problems I see with this team. The main one is a lack of talent. If you take off the O&B glasses for a second and just look a this team top to bottom it's not the most talented. If you don't have the talent you have to have coaches that have the ability to develop talent. This is where I have my biggest problem with JP. Granted I'm not at practice everyday and I don't know what he's doing to try and make our guys better. There is one thing I do know, it isn't working.

Talent is a huge issue. No coach can develop what isn't there in the first place. When you look at other SEC teams

you can see the difference. South Carolina is a great example...they are loaded. AU needs to recruit better talent, and I think CJP has started to do that. Cooper, Gonzalez,Kendall and Tella are very talented. But they can't do it alone. This state is not loaded with baseball talent, so he's going elsewhere and it's not easy.

Talent is a huge issue. No coach can develop what isn't there in the first place. When you look at other SEC teams

you can see the difference. South Carolina is a great example...they are loaded. AU needs to recruit better talent, and I think CJP has started to do that. Cooper, Gonzalez,Kendall and Tella are very talented. But they can't do it alone. This state is not loaded with baseball talent, so he's going elsewhere and it's not easy.

The point I was trying to make is we don't get better at all. We get worse. I'm not talking about making these guys future MLB All-Stars. I'm just talking about getting a kid to field a ground ball and throw it to first. Through the course of the season, we get worse. Not better. That is a huge problem in my eyes.

The point I was trying to make is we don't get better at all. We get worse. I'm not talking about making these guys future MLB All-Stars. I'm just talking about getting a kid to field a ground ball and throw it to first. Through the course of the season, we get worse. Not better. That is a huge problem in my eyes.

Exactly!

Archived