Auburn vs South Carolina Game 2

For those like me that still believe in this team, the game is on Fox Sports South, just started.

Thanks! I still believe in CJP and this team. I will be watching! :we:

Much better game so far today.  If we could get a timely hit we could be up by a couple already.  Great start by Jacobs today, hope he can keep it up until we can get him some run support.

Hopefully Im not gonna jinx him but Jon Luke has put together a very good senior season. I'm glad he is finishing strong. Need to get the win today Tigers!

Well that lead didn't last long.  4-1 now after a 2 run HR on top of that triple.

That may be the biggest thing that aggravates me about baseball, is to get a lead and then go out and give up the following inning.  The worst part is half of it came from walks, at least make 'em earn it.

Crap.  Walks with less than 2 outs usually will score.  Both did on the triple.   :banghead:

Jon Luke ran out of ammunition all of a sudden.  USCe figured him out and then he had nothing. He was fantastic through 5 innings.

Another L in the books.  S.Carolina wins it 5-3.

Walks and errors will lose a game every time.  Got to cut down on errors and giving guys free passes.

Walks and errors will lose a game every time.  Got to cut down on errors and giving guys free passes.

How many times are we gonna say this after a loss? I've lost faith in Pawlowski. If we go 2 and out at the SEC -- or fail to make the tourney altogether -- it's time for a change. I know all won't agree w/ that, but this program deserves to be better than mediocre year in and year out.

At this point we've got to be careful or we may not even reach the SEC tourney.  They showed the standings during the game and we were only a game or two up on 11th place.

We have gone from 6-3 to 7-10 and 3 straight series losses.  One of them a sweep to a bad bummer team.  NOT ACCEPTABLE PAWLOWSKI.

My favorite topic...small ball....which of course means that if you don't plan on scoring many runs in a game, you sure can't make it easy for the other guys to score with BBs and ERs. 

Painful to see the game get away so quickly...some walks, an error and two hits....wow, CP never had a chance to get a relief pitcher ready...before he could blink the game was gone.   

My favorite topic...small ball....which of course means that if you don't plan on scoring many runs in a game, you sure can't make it easy for the other guys to score with BBs and ERs.   

Painful to see the game get away so quickly...some walks, an error and two hits....wow, CP never had a chance to get a relief pitcher ready...before he could blink the game was gone.   

Yea, it was unreal just how fast the game got away today.  I was riding cloud nine thinking Jacobs would shut them down and we'd add a few more to pull out the W.  Well we did add a couple more but Jacobs just lost it in the 6th. Now I'm just hoping not to get swept.

How many times are we gonna say this after a loss? I've lost faith in Pawlowski. If we go 2 and out at the SEC -- or fail to make the tourney altogether -- it's time for a change. I know all won't agree w/ that, but this program deserves to be better than mediocre year in and year out.

Agree  completely!  Not a lot of happy AU baseball fans right now. The majority of fans at the game were  stating the same thing you did.

I would love for them to be mediocre.

They are just not a good team right now.

After such a great start, what has happened?

One thing I have noticed, over the last several years, is that we just are not a very fundamentally sound team. That will cost you so many wins in the game of baseball. Now each person will have to decide for themselves what is the cause for this.

I would love for them to be mediocre.

They are just not a good team right now.

After such a great start, what has happened?

The Will Kendall injury is a big,huge blow. And the team knows it. Plus there are a couple of kids who are in a batting slump, so Auburn can't score runs. In 2010, we had the big bats to overcome errors in defensive play. Those are no longer available. CJP has played with the batting order, trying to shake things up and get runs in, but it hasn't worked so far. We need switch hitters, because Auburn does not always bat well against lefties, and that's what we'll see from now on if the other team has any talented lefties on their roster. I'm sure CJP knows that too, and he has tried to make adjustments.

There's only so much CJP can do. He knows what the problems are.

Archived