Future Players to Watch Out For

This thread is all about players that might not get the playing time to contribute this year, but in the years to come will be, simply put, amazing!!

1.  Tyler Nero - This kid's highlight film makes most people need a Goody's headache powder.  His first move off the ball is through your offensive lineman, and he doesn't stop until he has decleated somebody.  He has what we like to call a "mean streak", but in a good way.  His highlights remind me of a mix between Fairley's line penetration and T.J Jackson's tackling.

2. Ricardo Louis - I know we've talked about speed a lot on this site, but holy crap this kid is fast!!  When he makes a move, he doesn't slow down.  When he hits a hole, its all over. 

3.  Jaquay Williams -  :o  All jump balls are his. End of story.  He has extremely sure hands and always seems to find a way to get open. 

There are so many more that I would like to talk about, but quite a few of them could very well see playing time.  Now let me hear your opinions.

Ok so I had to respond to my own thread because I just remembered another one.

Joshua Holsey - He is great in coverage and has NO problem coming up to hit someone.  A corner that will play his position and loves contact is rare.  What's even more rare is a DB that combines those attributes with a little bit of swagger.  Watch out for him... he'll be a great one.

This team is full of future stars.

I like the guys mentioned already. Josh Holsey and TJ Davis are very intriguing from last years class.

There are also guys who played last year that have a great chance to explode:

Gabe Wright

Travon Reed

Erique Florence

Then the 3 linemen that will go a long way in determining the success of this year's line:

Greg Robinson

Christian Westerman

Eric Mack

The roster is full of guys who came in very highly regarded. Through coaching and maturing these guys are set for big things.

The roster is full of guys who came in very highly regarded. Through coaching and maturing these guys are set for big things.

So true.  And we're being overlooked, as usual, again.  Big things are coming starting Sept. 1st.  :cool:

I don't know why, but for some reason I think Jordon Diamond will make us all very happy before his AU career is over.

WDE!!!

Offense: Jovon Robinson

Defense: Cassanova McKinzy

If we are talking RS newcomers too, the tops for me might be GRobinson, Westerman, and Frost.

Add in Sammie Coates and Mike Blakeley, as well, but yeah, those three will likely be starters.

But guys, seriously, we're at a level of recruiting now that EVERY player has the potential to break out. With Tuberville, it seemed like we would have two or three really good players, and then we'd be hoping a few of the rest would prove to be diamonds in the rough. Now, Tubs was good at finding those types, at least earlier in his career before recruiting became so much more open with the advent of the internet and easier access to film for all prospects, etc...but these days, we're still getting some of those potential diamonds in the rough, it's just we have had double digit blue chippers (four stars or better on multiple sites) for three years running to go along with those types.

The future is very exciting...and while I continue to maintain that we are SEC title contenders right now (even though I don't think we win it this year), we are still a very young team. About 70% of the team has three or more years of eligibility remaining. If things play out the way I expect them to, we're going to be scaring a lot of people this year because of how good, and how young, our team is.

Jaquay,Cassanova,Jovon, and one that may not be a newcomer but im still looking forward to seeing him on the field is Greg Robinson. :wareagle:

Archived