lets hope he can convince them college is better than a 7 figure signing bonus

Not sure about Addison but would bet money Dahl will go pro. His folks have spent a lot of money going to camps and tryouts with the pro`s. Whatever they decide, I wish them all the luck in the world.

Not sure about Addison but would bet money Dahl will go pro. His folks have spent a lot of money going to camps and tryouts with the pro`s. Whatever they decide, I wish them all the luck in the world.

I would be shocked if either young man plays for the Tigers. 

I would be shocked if either young man plays for the Tigers. 

My guess as well. We will have some others drafted as well. hopefully not real high.

Congrats to those guys. Was really hoping to see them in Orange and Blue next year but it does seem highly unlikely.

I guess I can still hold out a tiny bit of hope until they make a decision. War Eagle guys!

Coach Pawlowski can recruit. 

No doubt about it, but the guy needs to start actually coaching. Once your elite talent (like Dahl and Russell) elect to go pro, the talent level pretty much evens out across the board. That's where coaching and fundamentals comes into play, and this team has been SEVERELY lacking both the last three years. 

How many of our last year's signees decided to go pro? And who were they?

Dahl was going to the pros no matter where he got drafted in the first round. Now i could see Russell staying his parents really want him to get an education. Im very suprised we are in the 9 th round and signees like Rock Rucker and Jordan Ebert havent been drafted, espescially Rucker. Some people had Rock going in the second round but at least we now know he will be a tiger.

Yeah, I even saw one mock draft that had Rucker going in the last couple picks of the 1st Round. Hope he makes it on campus.

From reading articles before the draft, I got the feeling Russell was leaning Auburn and it would take something special to change that. I'm afraid #11 overall and the money that comes with it might be just that. I hope not though, I would really love to see him in our lineup next season.

I hate to see Addison not put on Auburn colors, but...2.5>>>3.0 mils will set him for life. I have seen him play four times this year. Each time he does something to deserve the high pick. He is a hugh talent.

Here's a link for last year's incoming class:

http://www.auburntigers.com/sports/m-basebl/spec-rel/020911aaa.html

The only 2 names I don't see on our current roster are Grant Bush and Clay Holmes. Holmes was drafted by the Pirates in Rd. 9 but I'm not sure about Bush.

Thank you. Good info. :we:

Rock apparently pulled his name out when he wasn't selected in the 2nd round. I'd say Dahl and Russell are definitely gone. We will have to wait and see on Rodgers, but my guess is he will be gone as well.

wow slade smith was a 17th round draft pick and he decided to sign. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

I'm betting he was so surprised he was drafted that he said yes on impulse but cause he didn't actually think it would happen and was caught off guard.

Rucker did not graduate high school, once Russell County was eliminated, he dropped out of school and did nt get drafted

wow slade smith was a 17th round draft pick and he decided to sign. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Congrats to him. He'll be a good closer for somebody.

WDE Slade!

Archived