UA Commit Darius Paige Possible Subject of NCAA Investigation...?

WarTiger6

To go one step further, one of the assistants told Pruitt he would report it to the NCAA although I dont know if he really did or not.. Washington High was all set and had a plan in place to help DP without cheating.

According to the last paragraph in the article he did....

Schellang said the matter has been reported to both the NCAA and the Alabama High School Athletic Association.

“Our athletic director (Troy Faucheaux) has done his duties as an AD and reported everything he needed to report,” Schellang said. “He has notified the AHSAA, but has not gotten a phone call back.”

Hmm. I missed the NCAA part in the article. I got the info from a friend.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRHiwnB28vyKzGSGbaIvIh0NamqWEX7Zp2mkFh7vbCYkyB2MiELeFc7aZvL

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bama started their investigation into this matter 5 minutes after the story posted.  The investigation will end 24 hours later with no NCAA violations uncovered.  As per usual... :banghead:

Bama started their investigation into this matter 5 minutes after the story posted.  The investigation will end 24 hours later with no NCAA violations uncovered.  As per usual... :banghead:

True dat.

Welcome Sandtiger.  Post often.

:wareagle:

And I believe the reason Emmert won't investigate bammer is because he knows good and well what saban does. And if saban goes down, Emmert's credibility will be shot, because it went on under his watch at LSU.

The reason Emmert doesn't investigate Bammer is that Emmert doesn't investigate anyone.  There is a whole division of professional investigators within the NCAA that handles investigations.

Rockford, wasn't it you who said you would get this published??? Did you have a hand in it???

They need to keep digging...

No, at least not with THIS particular reporter.  :-X

Remember, I posted a bond guaranteeing it would get published if someone would speak on the record. I am now officially released from that Bond and hopefully it will come off my credit report now  :yay:

At least now nobody can claim that OUT OF STATE media will not report a negative UAT story when there is a source or evidence to back up same.

That said, having a guy make an allegation on the record is a long way from proving same (even if the allegation is true). Unfortunately, the guy hurt his credibility just a little when he took the story to an Internet forum.

Still, it will be interesting to watch this one unfold.

And I believe the reason Emmert won't investigate bammer is because he knows good and well what saban does. And if saban goes down, Emmert's credibility will be shot, because it went on under his watch at LSU.

The reason Emmert doesn't investigate Bammer is that Emmert doesn't investigate anyone.  There is a whole division of professional investigators within the NCAA that handles investigations.

I think you know what I meant.

Yes, I did,  ;D

Yes, I did,   ;D

;D:tease: This is what you have been looking for Rock! Let's bust this thing wide open!

The sad thing is there is too much to be left open to interpretation here. At least what is reported in the article.

People set up to help him qualify? We see it as grade changing, they will promote it as going the extra mile for a kid like all schools should do. So unless someone has Jeremy Pruitt on video/audio with the wink and smile while saying that, it wont go far. 

And al.com is already taking up for the bammers.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2012/08/prep_football_standout_darius.html#incart_river_default

Washington High recently went through a coaching change, but Watson indicated Paige's family sought Foley in an effort to help him reach NCAA academic requirements.

Baldwin County Public Schools operate on a block schedule, which allows a student to earn up to eight credits in a school year. At Washington, Paige could earn only six credits.

Watson said Paige's family initially approached him in June about the possibility of transferring.

The only thing that will more than likely happen is the coach and AD that have reported this will be black balled in the coaching community for snitching. And the bammers will drop Darius Paige between now and Feb.

The sad thing is there is too much to be left open to interpretation here. At least what is reported in the article.

People set up to help him qualify? We see it as grade changing, they will promote it as going the extra mile for a kid like all schools should do. So unless someone has Jeremy Pruitt on video/audio with the wink and smile while saying that, it wont go far. 

And al.com is already taking up for the bammers.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2012/08/prep_football_standout_darius.html#incart_river_default

Washington High recently went through a coaching change, but Watson indicated Paige's family sought Foley in an effort to help him reach NCAA academic requirements.

Baldwin County Public Schools operate on a block schedule, which allows a student to earn up to eight credits in a school year. At Washington, Paige could earn only six credits.

Watson said Paige's family initially approached him in June about the possibility of transferring.

The only thing that will more than likely happen is the coach and AD that have reported this will be black balled in the coaching community for snitching. And the bammers will drop Darius Paige between now and Feb.

So who is lying? AL.com Or Watson?

Watson on Paige's transfer: Watson said he wasn’t aware Paige intended to attend Foley until Monday. “I don’t know a great deal to tell ya at this point,” Watson said Tuesday afternoon. “I had not spoken with the young man or anything until yesterday when he showed up.

AL.com on Paige's transfer: Watson said Paige's family initially approached him in June about the possibility of transferring.

It is a joke that the only way anything against bama sees the light of day is out of state reporting. Albert Means was UT bringing them down and the only people on the Ttown menswear (which was a violation) were out of state (Travis - UT and that other clown that is an UGA alum, Brooks).

There is no way anyone in state will do anything. They has been shown time and time again. And savarese might as well be a UAT employee, he is probably on a booster's payroll as it is. He will cover up ANYTHING and EVERYTHING all day long for UAT.

Also, remember our last probation - Eric Ramsey 20+ years ago? The Alabama media was all over that in a feeding frenzy. In fact, it was the Montgomery and Bham media that made the story what it was, did the investigating, and made sure the NCAA got involved.

It is a joke that the only way anything against bama sees the light of day is out of state reporting. Albert Means was UT bringing them down and the only people on the Ttown menswear (which was a violation) were out of state (Travis - UT and that other clown that is an UGA alum, Brooks).

There is no way anyone in state will do anything. They has been shown time and time again. And savarese might as well be a UAT employee, he is probably on a booster's payroll as it is. He will cover up ANYTHING and EVERYTHING all day long for UAT.

Also, remember our last probation - Eric Ramsey 20+ years ago? The Alabama media was all over that in a feeding frenzy. In fact, it was the Montgomery and Bham media that made the story what it was, did the investigating, and made sure the NCAA got involved.

I have always had a feeling the media was biased, but on the other hand I am biased against bama.

However, when the news of the bama player with the Raider's now, that was arrested for running into a bama student twice with his car and then went and got some other football player's to help him find the guy and beat him up, and I had to wait and hear about it from The Sporting News four year's later at his final court date concerning it, well I realized that the State media does cover things up for their football program. There is no person who can deny that now.

I like the first response is from al.com not from the university, show how much power that school has.

If things get really bad UAT will have to send out their compliance investigative dept.

I like the first response is from al.com not from the university, show how much power that school has.

If things get really bad UAT will have to send out their compliance investigative dept.

Maybe we could help them out by taking up a collection to fund Louis Freeh to do the investigation for them?

Yes, I did,   ;D

;D:tease: This is what you have been looking for Rock! Let's bust this thing wide open!

Ironically, the fact that this was printed may have prevented the possible violation from occurring. My guess is that they will now stay on their P's and Q's with this guy.

IMO, if all they have is what has been reported, UAT could admit it all and the Committee on Infractions would not deem it a major violation.

Still, I am glad it was printed, may open the door to something looking back. may prevent it from happening going forward, and may result in a "note" in someone's file who may be watching and trying to unravel  UAT's mode of operation.

Also, keep this in mind. If a violation was planned, Paige now OWNS them. For that reason, it might even be better if there is no NCAA investigation at all right now. If it is investigated now by UAT or the NCAA, they will get Paige to sign a sworn statement exonerating UAT and that will be on file forever.

However, if the investigation waits until Paige is PO'ed at them for some reason, then he might be more apt not to cover for them.

Yes, I did,   ;D

Ironically, the fact that this was printed may have prevented the possible violation from occurring. My guess is that they will now stay on their P's and Q's with this guy.

IMO, if all they have is what has been reported, UAT could admit it all and the Committee on Infractions would not deem it a major violation.

Still, I am glad it was printed, may open the door to something looking back. may prevent it from happening going forward, and may result in a "note" in someone's file who may be watching and trying to unravel  UAT's mode of operation.

Also, keep this in mind. If a violation was planned, Paige now OWNS them. For that reason, it might even be better if there is no NCAA investigation at all right now. If it is investigated now by UAT or the NCAA, they will get Paige to sign a sworn statement exonerating UAT and that will be on file forever.

However, if the investigation waits until Paige is PO'ed at them for some reason, then he might be more apt not to cover for them.

Very good points my friend. Keep up the good fight.  :bow:

I'm telling you, these folks are REALLY good at cheating. 

Well.........actually the fact they have been on probation, or under the 5 year window, for 17 consecutive years tells me they cheat a lot. Not sure how "good" they are at it though.

Archived